All of my floodlights keep changing motion sensitivity on their own!

I have 4 ring wired floodlights. For a week all of them keep changing the motion sensitivity from low (how I have them set) to high on their own. I go through all of them, set the sensitivity to low, click save, and when I look a few minutes later, they are back to sensitivity set to high! Does this have something to do with the fact that all of my devices show 12/31/69 as the last heath check date? ALL of my 18 ring devices, in two states, on different wifi networks show the incorrect date. Is ring having issues that they haven’t resolved? The date issue has been constant for two weeks…. The sensitivity being set to high is causing them to turn on for no reason, and sending me false alerts.

Hi @user37231. Your device’s Last Health Check not showing the correct date is an issue that is already being looked into and worked on to be resolved. This issue does not affect your Floodlights’ or apps’ performance; it is just a visual bug. For your concern with your Motion Sensitivity changing on its own, try the following steps:

• Verify that your Ring app is up-to-date with the latest updates.

• Disable any active VPNs on your phone.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have removed and reinstalled the app. I have removed, reset, and reinstalled the devices. I have tried to set the sensitivity from my PC, in hopes that maybe they would retain the settings that way. No luck. I am not running a vpn. This is happening to the lights at both of my homes. This is a ring software/firmware issue, not a wifi, phone, or anything else. If ring’s developers can’t push updates to my devices, without it messing them up, they need to stop forcing updates, and let the customer decide if they want to update. My devices all worked great, for a long time, and now are essentially unusable. Contacting ring customer support is pointless, as they have no solution for the issue, either. I’ve just relegated myself to turning off motion detection on my devices, because them setting themselves to high sensitivity, twice a day on their own, resulted in too many false alerts. I’m currently researching other options for my security needs. Ring has become far too unstable to be trusted. Your suggestion has been marked as a “solution”, but it’s not.

I am experiencing the same issue…I have 7 battery floodlights and 4 solar pathlights. I receive motion alerts all day long caused by the changing sunlight (with passing clouds), so I am wanting to change the motion sensitivity within the motion settings to prevent these motion alerts; however, I don’t want to completely disable/turn off motion alerts, because I still want to receive motion alerts caused by someone walking by. The motion sensitivity is set to high, but when I change it to low (or any other setting) and save it, it will go right back to being set to high. Is there a fix for this?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.