2nd Gen alarm - UK release + accessories (keypad)

Does this mean you have no plans to release it, or you have plans but you aren’t ready to share them with us yet?

You can’t mixed the ring alarm base from us and uk accessories?

Hi, it’s been a few months since the last update so checking in to see if there is any news on availability of Ring Alarm Gen 2 alarm in the UK?

Hey neighbors! I don’t have any news to share on the Ring Alarm 2nd Gen for the UK. I’d recommend keeping an eye on our UK News and Announcements board, as we’ll post any information on updates and new product releases there. :slight_smile:

Is there any way for us outside the US to get smoke detectors for the alarm? This is the only thing that’s holding me back from buying the system right now ?

Hi @Mr_Arrow. There are currently no smoke alarms that are available for the UK market. As mentioned earlier, if this does become available, we’ll post it in the UK News and Announcements board. :smiley:

@Ring - I am probably one of many users that are waiting for 2nd gen alarm system in the UK. I am waiting to spend thousands with you and an update would be amazing :slight_smile:

I will wait for the next gen now rather than buying the current and i am assuming most people are in the same boat as me. Pretty please a cool update for us :smiley:

P.S. - During lockdown i’ve seen a massive increase in posts onto nextdoor website. There is definitely more room in the UK for cooperative neighbours to share footage on external cameras, especially for amazon related parcel thefts.

Thanks,
@TheDon81

Any update on the GEN 2 ring equipment?? It’s been an awfully long time waiting for it to come from the States.

I am another potential customer waiting for the GEN 2 ring alarm to come to the UK. Can you provide any details please.

Earth calling Ring - When is the Gen 2 equipment arriving in the UK?

Hi neighbors! Thanks for sharing your feedback. As mentioned, we do not have any update or exact timeline as to when the Ring Alarm 2nd Gen will be released in the UK. You can expect any product releases or updates to be posted on the Ring Updates board here. At this time, we have no additional information to share. :slight_smile:

+1 for 2nd gen and accessories. I am holding off buying everything until that arrives.

Question for Ring or @Caitlyn_Ring - will the 2nd gen accessories like the panic alarm and additional sirens or keypads work with the 1st gen kit? So if I buy 1st gen now, can I bolt on those accessories later?

Thanks.

OMG RING GEN 2 ALARM PAGES HAVE GONE LIVE FOR UK RELEASE

2 Likes

Which also includes an outdoor siren :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback on this, neighbors. We are excited to announce the Alarm 2nd Generation is coming soon for our UK neighbors! For more details please visit our Alarm 2nd Generation webpage. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been waiting for the 2nd Gen alarm to become available. During this time I have looked at some reviews and YouTube unboxing and setup videos. What is apparent from the videos is the cost U.S. customers were paying at the original release, compared with U.K. prices.
We will be charged £219, while in the U.S. the introductory price was shown as $199.99. At the current exchange rates this shows U.K. customers having to pay 50% more. Where is the justification for this?

Hi @Beejayar. While the devices look the same, there are a number of differences in the products and the features offered. Our top priority is to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with effective, affordable products, and services. While prices can change per country, we continue to innovate products that we think our neighbours will love, and that will make a positive impact on home and neighbourhood safety. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. Can you please list some of the product and feature differences that make the 2nd Gen alarm so different from the version released earlier in the United States?
To me it is so obvious that U.K. consumers are poorly served in the pricing and upgrading of smart technology. Manufacturers and suppliers tend to use a 1:1 dollar:pound price ratio when selling but are tardy when it comes to updating/upgrading hardware and software here.

Hi @Beejayar. The key feature that differentiates the US version of the Ring Alarm from the UK, is the Cellular Backup. The components used in the Base Station for the Cellular Backup are region specific. This is why a US Ring Alarm will not function properly in the UK, and vice versa. With the 2 units having to use different components in order to bring a similar experience to neighbours in both regions, there is a price difference. I hope this information is helpful.

1 Like

Hi Tom. Once again thank you for your reply. However, I don’t think you have answered my query as to why the 2nd Gen alarm system appears to be up to 50% more expensive in the United Kingdom than the United States. If anything, you have shown that it should be cheaper as there appear to be fewer features available here.
It seems, U.K. customers are being shortchanged in the smart home market.