Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Doorbell is not triggering quickly enough
battery-video-doorbell
app-settings
troubleshooting

I have a video doorbell 4 that covers the front of my house and looks out onto a road.

I have set the motion zone to only cover my drive up to the pavement edge, but some days i can park the car on the drive, get out and walk to the front door without the camera even triggering.

Other days, the camera will be triggered constantly with people walking past on the pavement.

I have tried changing multiple settings to combat this, but its still happening and now my battery life is affected. 

Any advice on what settings to change to combat this please?

28-06-2024 09:05:45

Responses (1)

J

I have the same annoying problem.  If anyone walks up drive to push the doorbell, most times the `ding dong` of the bell push sounds at the chime,  at about the same time as the motion alert.tone does.   BUT....  if someone walks ` across` the field of view , i.e. left to right or right to left. then the motion alert fires up immediately.  

I read somewhere that the it`s to do with it being harder ( slightly longer) to detect a figure walking towards the doorbell, than it is if crossing it at right angles.  If that makes any sense.

I believe it`s going to  be a trial and error thing to get it just right. 

Good luck.

29-06-2024 07:07:28

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions