Ring-Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring-Alarm and Ring-Alarm Pro.
U
Secondary WAN instead of Ring Cellular Backup
alarm
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
Hi, If I understand correctly, when your internet goes down and you have a Ring subscription, then the backup cellular connection only provides support for your alarm and monitoring system but you will not be able to connect to your spotlight cams. Therefore I am wondering if I can create a secondary hotspot/WiFi network using a 5G device (mobile modem or phone) that Ring can failover to, such that it doesn't trip into its limited state and use its own backup cellular network? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

25-10-2023 08:34:54

Responses (2)

J
Hi @user63772. This would not work; the Ring Alarm, Cameras, and Doorbells can only connect to one wifi network at a time, and if that wifi fails, they would not be able to automatically switch to another network. The same would apply to a hotspot.

26-10-2023 06:43:19

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

25-11-2023 06:43:50

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User