Amazon Alexa + Ring

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about how Ring works with Alexa-enabled Echo devices.
Z
Ring stick up camera (battery)
wireless-security-cameras

I asked this question a while back and was told to ring a number-which i dont particularly want to do so i'll post again as its still happening.

I have the Ring alarm and cctv system on my home. I'm obligated to have an alarm because of firearms i own. They're all legal,locked away in safes and i'm licenced by the way. 

A while ago, i installed a stickup camera (battery) to cover the rear of property and the problems began. This camera would loose wifi connection regularly so i bought the Ring chime pro which is plugged in literally on other side of wall-yet this camera's signal drops off. 

The Police know i have an alarm/cctv so if i ever got burgled and guns stolen, obviously they would want to see footage. How can i do that if the camera has decided to throw a tantrum and loose connection?

I do not live in an old cottage with 3ft solid walls. My house was built in 1968 of standard bricks & mortar construction and nothing is in the way.

I had to reboot the camera AGAIN today because it wasn't connected and im tired. I literally just checked and it is offline again!!!! I do not understand how it can loose connection when NOTHING has changed? Walls have not spontaneously moved and nothing has changed. This is terrible terrible quality.

I would like a response from Ring please and if i could return this worthless piece of junk.

20-06-2024 02:26:51

Responses (1)

C

Hi @Zeb1. When a Ring Camera is disconnecting from wifi frequently, this is typically due to a weak or unstable signal. You can check the signal strength on the Device Health page under RSSI

Wifi extenders, like the Chime Pro, are meant to be installed at a halfway point between the router and the device you're trying to extend the connection to. You might need to reposition the Chime Pro if it's closer to one or the other. 

21-06-2024 02:48:19

Z

I've tried moving the chime pro many many times-closer and further from the camera. It works in a new position for a few days or sometimes a week then all of a sudden connection will be lost.

Walls are NOT moving in my house or growing. If you get perfect connection one day it stands to reason it should be fine the next.

My house is a standard brick & mortar construction and does not have an RSJ skeletal frame inside the cavity (which i know does interfere with wifi). Im so fed up with his whole episode. 

I do not recommend Ring at all.

29-06-2024 05:38:36

Z

Just for clarification, the camera has become disconnected twice today (Saturday 29th) and no walls have moved in my house. 

Can anyone from Ring explain what is inside the Chime Pro? Is it an empty plastic box? The camera is not worth having due to spending more time offline than on.

This is beyond a joke.

29-06-2024 05:09:37

Z

I wish i could add a screenshot. Im looking at the devices current health and its showing RSSI- 59 in green. Which by your own admission this is fine but guaranteed this camera will loose its wifi connection again in a day or a few  hours. 

The silence from Ring addressing this problem speaks volumes about their products.

30-06-2024 08:27:40

Z

and it's offline again.

Can someone else from Ring who knows the products please reply and explain.

30-06-2024 06:18:06

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions