Wifi password typed incorrectly RING DOORBELL 2

Hi neighbors. If you are unable to reconnect your Video Doorbell to wifi, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Verify your wifi network name and password, as the password is case-sensitive. If you did not manually set your network name and password after your internet service provider set up your wifi, then this information is likely printed on the back or bottom of the modem or router you received from them.
  • Sometimes having any special, non-alphanumeric characters in your wifi password can occasionally cause connection problems during the initial installation of your Ring device. Try changing the wifi password to exclude these special characters in order to complete the setup process.
  • Try completing the setup or reconnection process on a different mobile phone or tablet. Make sure any VPNs are disabled, as these can affect the Ring app’s ability to operate properly.
  • If none of the above steps help, you can find additional troubleshooting steps in this Help Center article. Please note that if you decide to factory reset your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera as a troubleshooting step, you should download any videos you wish to retain.

Should you still be unable to get your Ring device connected after attempting all of the troubleshooting steps suggested, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have the same problem. I have done everything thing here and mine still does not work

Hi everyone, its been awhile since anyone posted but hopefully my experience can help future Ring Security Cam set ups. We purchased the Ring Indoor/Outdoor Stick Up Camera for reference.

I could not figure out why the wifi connnection was failing due to an incorrect password (:expressionless:). I reset the router and restarted my Samsung Galaxy. No dice.

What finally did the trick was identifying that I needed to go into my wifi settings as opposed to accepting the prompt to connect in the Ring app (ie Ring Temp 87). So instead, open your wifi settings to select the temporary Ring wifi connection there, and then cut back over to the Ring app set up instructions again.

This prior step was supposed to be done within the Ring app, when auto prompted (as per the in- app instructions). Possibly the home wifi defaults back and throws off the temporary app connection? Not sure but hopefully Ring fixes this confusing and frustrating part of the set up. Everything from this point on is a cake walk.

Stay safe out there friends.

Aloha,
MC

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.