Video Doorbell 2 Stopped Working

My Ring was working great yesterday, then it went through a forced update that took about 3 hours. Now the thing won’t power on anymore. Look highly suspicious that they bricked it. Really annoying. If they won’t replace it, I will just switch to ADT.

1 Like

Hi There,

I’m also having the same issue with my doorbell 2 (Version). I have two batteries so when once is about to die, i swap it with a full charged battery. However, after charging both fully over night and replace it, it works for a short period (a few hours) but as soon as you replace the battery, the app shows it is really low on the battery and needs to be charged (again). This shouldn’t be happening as the doorbell is about 2 years old but the swap able battery is less than a year. Please can you help as i don’t really want to be forking out £100 for a new doorbell when i expect it to work for several years? I’ve tried the usual troubleshooting but the issue is still present.

My Ring Doorbell 2 stopped working 16 days ago, and after removing and charging the battery it still didn’t work! We tried resetting it multiple times, and it’s just completely dead… I’m so disappointed I had to buy a new one…

Mine just did the same thing it just stopped working so I bought a new battery and tried resetting it and it just flashes blue twice and will not go into setup mode! I tried resetting it and nothing I called as well and was offered the discount which seems pretty unfair yo me that we have all had to rebuy a new one! After reading all of these comments I think they should have replaced them for free!!!

1 Like

Same with mine the exact same problem!

I did this I even bought a new battery and the problem did not get solved!

I have two Ring doorbells which decided to quit working about a month ago and all the kings men and all the kings horses have not been able to fix them. Also have three floodlight cameras that stopped working at the same time, after three weeks trying everything I could find inline and phone calls (waiting an hour to talk to a person who couldn’t help me) I finally succeeded to get them working one at a time , I have no idea how I did it. I am unable to find a step by step process that works. Robert Green

Still am unable to get doorbells to work, although I will find that as I am working on them, they are filming me in my frustration. (That is creepy)! Robert Green

Same issue.
I agree, it was probably a software update.
My outdoor cam stopped working around the same time.

1 Like

I’m having this exact same issue.

The doorbell was working earlier this morning; stopped working this afternoon.

Since the battery was kinda old (2019, I think) I bought a new one from Target; but even with the new batter plugged in, it’s still totally unresponsive.

Customer support pretty much just said that since it’s out of warranty I could just buy a new one. :frowning:

Any suggestions?

Hi @raaaaaaa. Have you attempted a reset of your Doorbell? You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, the releasing it. Your Doorbell should be responsive to this. I hope this is helpful

1 Like

Well, where to start.
A couple of years ago I bought a Video Doorbell 2, batteries x 2 and Chimes x 2. I had forgot where I put title until I came across it yesterday.
I charged the batteries and installed it as per the instructions and it was working perfectly until it decided it needed to do an update.
Thanks Ring for bricking my as new device before I had got familiar with what it could do and what add ons were available.
Before anyone from support asks, Yes I have done all the checks. The Unit does not power up at all and the good old press for 20 seconds reset does not work.
Well it looks like I need to think twice about buying another ring product if updates are going to brick new products.

1 Like

Hi @Deathdodger. I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this for you.

1 Like

Hi, mine did the same; it was working perfectly…then it decided to get at new SW, and then the device committed suicide; you don’t have your SW under control when this can happen.
I’m running a big R&D department; when this can happen, you for sure don’t have your SW under control. I don’t care that it is over warranty. You killed my Door 2 with your SW update. Please send me a new one

I agree. I am bricked also as a result of a firmware update.

1 Like

Same here. Firmware update killed the Ring and customer support would only offer me 35% to buy another doorbell that THEY killed!

1 Like

Well, my Ring doorbell 2 also killed itself last night durring a forced software update…

Ring please step up to the plate and take care of this.

I’ve already talked with customer support and done all of the trouble shooting to determine its dead.

And a 35% discount is a slap in the face when you (Ring) broke it.

3 Likes

Exactly the same story

1 Like

I had the exact same problem happen to mine. Died at random. All ring did was offer a 35% discount on a new device. I had ring protect plus and their employee didn’t transfer my device in the move and they won’t honor their warranty.