UK poor cellular signal

Hi,
The signal strength of mobile backup is poor. It’s using EE and only has single bar.

I’ve read that Ring has contracts with all UK mobile networks and that the strongest signal is automatically selected. Vodafone is the best signal in my area.

I phoned Ring support but they had no idea what I was talking about. The person I spoke to said it depends on the sim I have in the base station.

Is there anyway I can get the base station to change mobile network?

2 Likes

This is a great question, @PaddyB! You are correct in stating that during instances where cellular backup is necessary, the Alarm will automatically select the strongest signal.

Ring Alarm doesn’t use a specific carrier, and we have an agreement with O2, Vodafone, Three, and EE in the UK. This means that when signal strength from one carrier is not good enough, Ring Alarm will automatically connect to the best available network.

This does mean that it cannot be changed. As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same issue…… which makes me think that the ring alarm base does NOT select the strongest signal.
It says it’s connected to EE and has one red bar (bad signal), my mobile is on vodafone with a very strong signal at home and my partner is on O2 again a staring signal…… so why isn’t the ring base switching networks?..… do I need to power it down/restart it? If I do that will I loose all my settings and sensors etc?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.