Transferring

Good afternoon,

I’m new here and looking for a quick bit of advice. This is question that’s probably been asked many times however I couldn’t find the answers.

I purchased 2 wireless doorbell cameras. Gen2’s. Recently I changed my mobile number and cancelled my old number as I was out of contract anyway. After this I was prompted by ring that wanted to verify my details by sending a code to my old number, then to make matters worse I got that same situation from my then current email account so I had no way now of getting into my old email and obviously no access to my number. So I’ve had to create a new email address. I’m now trying to transfer my cameras over to my new email and new phone but it’s says it takes 15 days or longer while Ring try to contact the old owner who is me via my old accounts that I have no access to so the question is am I done/ scuppered ?. I cancelled the payments to the old account. It’s been at least 15 days now and Ring haven’t contacted me so I’m guessing I may have to just buy new cameras and start over. Any thoughts ?.

Many thanks in advance. Grant.

Hi @user81552. If you’re still logged into your original Ring account on a different device, such as a tablet or computer, you can navigate to the Control Center on there to try and generate a verification code or update your mobile number. If that is not an option, it would be best to reach out to our support team for assistance with getting the correct email address and phone number on your Ring account.