To ring or not to ring? That is the question (for smart locks)

I think I answered this question for myself, but throwing it out to the community:

I recently purchased a home with a number of included smart home features. This includes a ring doorbell, ring alarm, a Brilliant light control panel, and 2 Kwikset 620 locks, only one of which will be used with any frequency.

I can easily add the Kwikset’s to the ring alarm but the functionality is severely limited (lock and unlock only, from what I have read).

I am considering replacing the Kwikset with another smart lock, likely a Schlage.
Options are to purchase Schlage connect Z-wave and integrate with Ring Alarm, or purchase Schlage Encode and use the Schlage app.

Desired features include guest codes and notifications when those codes are used. My understanding is codes are limited to 4 digits when using the Ring app and I’m not sure about notifications. I understand the Ring codes will not only unlock my door but turn off the alarm, which is a plus.

Checking in here to make sure my understanding is correct and to hear from anyone that may have this setup.

Thanks

Hi @ckelly14. Congratulations on the new home purchase! We have a list of smart locks that are compatible with Ring Alarm here. Integration a compatible smart lock with the Ring Alarm provides some features, but the functionality will be more limited than if you were to set up that smart lock in its respective app.

You can learn more about how to arm and disarm the Ring Alarm with a smart lock here. You would need to use the same access code that your Ring Alarm uses for this, which is a 4-digit code. Let me know if you have any further questions. :slight_smile: