Sync multiple chimes to sound at the same time

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to sync multiple chimes to sound at exactly the same time. Out of the box my chimes produce a significant delay.

I understand that messages from the doorbell have to pass through the cloud before they reach the chime units. Is the delay an oversight by Ring. I already have devices that use the cloud to sync sounds and they all work fine - Google Assistant and Sonos for example. I’ve read topics on this and wifi connection is always to blamed, however, below are reasons why this is not true in my case.

I have tried the following to reduce the delay, however, it is unchanged.

• Had my chime and chime pro plugged next to each other in a 2 gang socket connected to the same 2.4G network

• Connected to a dedicated IoT network with no other devices on it

• Connected all devices to the Chime Pro built in network

CURRENT SETUP
All devices are connected to a TP Link deco mesh network. With provider speeds of 1GB. The wifi / signal space is not cluttered. All devices are placed equal distances from the main router. There is nothing on my network that is blocking or limiting these devices.

In my mind, there is no reason why these devices should not sync automatically. Am I overlooking something?

Dan

Hi @user77715. If your Chimes have a significant delay when chiming with your Doorbell, you also want to try power cycling your Chimes by unplugging them from power and plugging them back in. You should also reboot your router by unplugging it for a few seconds and plugging it back in. If you have tried these additional steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.