Stick Up Cam Battery Suddenly has major Connection Issues

Since last weekend my Stick Up Cam Battery which is outdoor has decided to suddenly completely disconnect from the WiFi. I’ve been through all the troubleshooting and it’s come to nothing, just an extremely poor connection that eventually cuts off. I also have a battery door bell which has great strength as well as every other device I have being strong connection ls also. It’s just this cam. I’ve sat it next to my 500mb router for a day and it adds no strength signal. The last straw is going out today to buy the chime pro for £49 thinking this would be the answer. It works great but does it improve my signal to the stick up cam? NO, not even slightly. My bottom floor is not even a vast space so you’re only looking at 3.5 metres between router, Chime and camera. I’m at my wits end with it. I go away tomorrow too, with now no security outside my back door. What is going on? On my device details it’s says it’s solar, it’s not. My router is a BT Smart Hub 2. Works brilliantly with everything except this. What should I do? At the minute I’m ready for taking the chime straight back and cancelling my monthly Protect membership.

I am having the same problem with my Stick Up Cam ,have done a full re set and still nothing.

I also have the same issue. I have 2 cameras within a 2 feet of each other on the back corner of my house. One is connected and one won’t connect. I also bought the Ring extender which is useless so have now bought a branded one. I have a signal to the back of my garden but these cameras show weak or no signal. My front camera which is furthest from the router works fine. My old Reolink cameras had a strong signal in the same location. I will be contacting Ring for an explanation with a view to a refund, only been up a few weeks, poor product.