Solved: Pro 2 LED ring too dim

Same issue with me. Called Ring support before I saw this string and they said it wasn’t normal and to return it to get a replacement. I did that and the replacement does the same thing. There is no way this is an as designed situation as the light ring can’t be used for it’s intended purpose- starting with set up. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why I wasn’t seeing a spinning ring.

I suppose that’s at least “good” news for those of us who bought a Pro 2 when it first came out: it hasn’t been resolved with a newer hardware version, and it’s not like Ring quietly ignored us about it.

Installed my Ring Pro 2 (had a Ring Pro) recently and came looking for fixes for the very weak LED. Very disappointed to see Ring writing this off as the way the product was intended to be. The Ring Pro was $60 and had a bright LED you could see from the street. The Pro 2 was almost $200 more and has a weak LED you can barely see standing next to it. And we’re expected to believe that was by design? I hope they come up with a better response.

Not checked this thread out for a while but a few new posts still with the same issues. What I am surprised about is new devices still having the issue. I thought this would have quietly been fixed in the background given the amount of time Ring have known about this. Maybe they cant get the components to make a chance or it would be too big a chance to thee manufacturing process. I am sure a V2 will turn up at some point with this issue fixed.

Kind of an old thread but I just got my Pro 2 doorbell and the LED is useless. I couldn’t set mine up because I clicked the white LED wasn’t spinning.

Once I waited until almost dark I could see it was indeed spinning so was able to complete the setup.

At night, the LED ring is very, very faint. I just replaced a button doorbell w/LED light which I could visibly see even in the daytime. Obviously a year after the date of this thread and a ‘new’ Pro 2 the problem still exists.

1 Like

I installed my pro 2 today and same issue still exists. Very poor LED illumination made me thinking that something is wrong so i started looking online and end up here. I am very disappointed with with this product and zero interest of ring crew in this thread just makes it worst. I am going to return the doorbell and buy from Google.

1 Like

Just got my Pro 2 installed this week and the LED is incredibly weak just like the rest of you. There is NO WAY it’s intended behavior and clearly a hardware issue that they didn’t test for. Really disappointing for a top of the line device and the freaking lights don’t even work. Ring, this needs to be addressed and everyone in this thread compensated.

1 Like

Same here. I just upgraded from the very first generation of Ring doorbell and the LED is very disappointing. It might as well not be there.

Not checked this one for a while, interesting to see new devices still have this LED issue. I was expecting a “V2” to be quietly introduced. Might be down to chip shortages etc that they can’t revise the unit. I would say that the Pro 2 is a good device overall but it is just a bit let down by this day 1 issue.

1 Like

Ring is very bad at customer service. This issue is widespread and on a device that costs over 200$ it should work correctly. I think ring messed up and out cheap lights in it and it isn’t working
Ring responds by saying well it still functions fine but that’s not the question. The question is I paid 200 dollars for a ring and found this post and think I should have gone elsewhere.
Ring has the worst customer service I’ve seen with home security. And they are also selling a defective product. No it’s not working ok if the led can’t be seen.
I will never buy another ring product again.

Why is ring not being honest about the led light on the pro 2 being very dim. They said it still works but that didn’t answer the question. The actual light is so einningar to place cardboard over it to see the spinning light. Ring has been terrible customer servienbm