Service in Quebec

I live in Quebec. I know Alarm Security Kit is not shipped to Quebec, also no monitoring is available. I wonder if I could buy it from out of Quebec, then set it up in Quebec by using App. Certainly, for self monitoring.

Hi @user78813. The Ring Alarm Security System is not shipped to or supported in Quebec due to local guidelines and regulations regarding home security devices. I would advise checking with local law enforcement on the regulations in your area before purchasing and setting up the Ring Alarm System. You won’t have access to Professional Monitoring, but you should still be able to use the system in Self Monitoring mode.

Thanks,
Strangely, my local HOME DEPOT store, ST-HENRI,
4625 St-Antoine Ouest, Montreal, QC, H4C 1E2, sells this product in store.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ring-ring-alarm-security-8-pc-kit-2nd-gen-/1001544739

1 Like

@user78813 Thanks for sharing! I’d recommend checking with your local law enforcement to ensure there are no regulations preventing you from using a home security system. While we do not ship to Quebec and Professional Monitoring is not available, I checked with my team and you should be able to use the Ring Alarm system with Self Monitoring. I edited my previous post to avoid any confusion if other neighbors check this thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, for further clarity, could I use app for self monitoring?.. or the app is non functional here in Quebec.

1 Like

@user78813 Yes, you can use the Ring app and use the Ring Alarm under Self Monitoring mode. Apologies for the miscommunication on my end.

1 Like

Hi Caitland_Ring, I understand that the Ring alarm system and monitoring isn’t supported nor shipped directly by Ring to Quebec, all that said and being a long time Ring (video doorbell Pro1 and now Pro2) doorbell subscriber living in Quebec, what exactly is preventing Ring from getting this approved by the proper Quebec authorities? Is it the provincial government restrictive language laws? Can you provide more insight into what we can do as loyal customers? Typically large corporations like yourselves have much better success at getting authorities to respond!!! I pre-authorize Ring to use my name as needed, perhaps some sort of Ring backed petition could help move this along??
Feel free to respond to me directly as I am a legitimate Ring customer with an active account.
Sincerely, Ronald Glive
Resident of Candiac, Quebec, Canada

@ Norg7285,
The answer is language restriction, as you mentioned. By Law, Ring should supply French language support in Quebec. Training a team of fluent French speaking to communicate with clients and authorities is too much , and too expensive. Specially, where Quebec is just a very small segment of Ring clients.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.