Ring Video Doorbell 2 hardwired question

I have a ring video doorbell 2 and would like to know how to remove hardwire chime but still have it charge the ring battery. The hardwire chime in my house sucks. I only had one lighted doorbell switch before replacing it with ring video doorbell 2. I never had a rear door button. So I just want to remove mechanical chime from circuit but still have ring battery charged.

I’m concerned about the possibility of damaging ring device if I just remove chime. Also I’m just going to have doorbell ring handled by two echo shows and a Toshiba Fire TV.

Hi @Niemand. It sounds like you want to hardwire your Doorbell directly to your transformer. This Help Center article here will have information on how to accomplish this. I hope this helps.

Well I’m wondering what would happen if I remove my chime. That’s what I want is to use existing front door wire to charge battery. That now works. But I do not want to have chime ring when button is pushed on ring video doorbell 2.

Hey @Niemand. Removing you Chime is the same as wiring directly to a low-voltage transformer. You can absolutely bypass your internal chime.