Ring Pro cracked button

I’ve ordered 3D print of @CodeMonkey’s excellent design. Received today and it’s perfect (see photos).

It was the same price to print 15 as it was to print 1 so I have a bunch of spares and happy to send them out for the cost of postage. Get in touch if you’d like one (I’m in the UK but will post anywhere at cost). First come first served.

1 Like

How do I go about getting one from you (or CodeMonkey)? Is there a web address or email address for CodeMonkey?

I’m happy to buy from you, I live in the US.

Thanks for the post!

1 Like

Was the replacement button flexible like the origonal button or stiff like hard plastic?

Would like to order two (2).

How do I pay you?

1 Like

It’s hard plastic, very little flexibility. Obviously I don’t have any data about how it holds up under weathering etc but it looks much sturdier than the original.

Hi neighbors! We’ve edited your recent posts as they contained personal information. At Ring, we value our neighbor security and privacy. As the Community is a public place, please do not post any personal or private information such as address, contact info, or Ring account info.

We are all for neighbors helping neighbors, but any buying or selling is against our Community Guidelines. Please review these guidelines at your earliest convenience to ensure we are making the Community the best it can be for everyone. Thank you!

Ring’s reply made me chuckle. It takes someone to put their email address for them to respond. Shocking customer service. Ring’s responses so far:

1. Don’t use their front door bell in ‘EXPOSED AREAS’ ?
  2. Search through the community forum for methods of repairing it yourself

I am quite gobsmacked that a company so big as Amazon does not find it appropriate to respond to what is clearly a material fault. Here’s my email so you’ll read this gggg@gmail.com ??

1 Like

Hi Marley

Thanks for your reply.

I’m absolutely not advocating nor facilitating buying or selling, which I’m aware breaches forum policy.

I have followed up on another user’s excellent solution to a genuine and repeating fault with a Ring product in order to fix my doorbell, and as a result have a bunch of spare parts that others can use to save them buying a brand new expensive item as per earlier advice.

I’m seeking to cover postage costs for these since I don’t fancy personally covering costs of sending a bunch of parcels across the ocean, necessitated by a product fault. I’m not taking a penny profit from this. In fact I’m incurring a bunch of lost time and inconvenience going back and forth to the post office.

I hope that meets with your approval, since I feel that being in a position to genuinely help many people who are disappointed with their Ring product is good for both them and for Ring.

Hi benramadan,

How do I go about ordering one of these from you, don’t see a DM functionality on here.

I live in London,

Thanks

I did post my email address but it was removed. I have an email account with California’s favourite search engine based tech giant, and my username is the same as it is here! Get in touch and I’ll post one to you.

2 Likes

Hi Benramadan,

Sent you a message. If you have any buttons left I’d like to get one.

Thanks!

My ring doorbell isn’t even a year used. After a very hot day for a couple of days I’ve seen a crack on the button. It is definitely a design flaw. I don’t understand that Ring does not want to recognise this issue while I see 14 pages of people complaining about it. A button on a doorbell needs to be durable. This one is obviously not. This is a very bad quality button. Ring needs to recognise the complaints and needs to send people with these issues a new spare button.

1 Like

Comical that I just got off chat with support about this—asked if this was normal and he said “no”. 1-year warranty and an obvious design flaw.
Off to find a different doorbell camera, so long Ring!

Question? Does anyone have a 3D printer to produce these buttons? It would be worth $20.00 instead of a new Ring to me.

Hi Benramadan,
It’s super nice of you to 3D print ring doorbell pro buttons. I’d like to get one too if you still have any left. Kindly let me know and I can send you my address and I can take care of postage.
Thanks,
Janakiraman

I haven’t been able to find a how-to guide/video to replace the button so I recorded a walk-through. Apologies for the choppy editing, and I’m by no means an electronics expert so please only use this as a guide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwr9A2uHMkk

3 Likes

Hi Benramadan,

I too need a new button, I would be very appreciative of you could 3D print one for me too…

Best regards
Michael

We are currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, we advise you not to replace your doorbell button. Altering the button may damage the motion sensor behind the button and may result in a defective product and/or void the warranty. We will update this thread on any new findings from the team. Thank you!

Yes hopefully RING decides to fix the issue because my button cracked after the warranty was up. This seems to be the case with many many other people as well. It seems that since RING has not fixed the defect people are dong it on their own instead of having to buy a brand new RING again with a discount. Why buy a RING again if the doorbell button breaks after a year or two?

Thanks Jennifer, yes it would be great to have a resolution from Ring rather than having to take matters into our own hands. My Pro was out of warranty when the button broke (and ultimately fell off completely), so with no button and the electronics exposed to the elements my Pro was non functional anyway. Seems I had nothing to lose trying to fix it - in either scenario, I have a broken doorbell. I agree if you’re in warranty, speak to Ring and don’t DIY.