Ring doorbell

“How do you set the time for how long the video records when there is motion detected?”

@dr350jja wrote:

“How do you set the time for how long the video records when there is motion detected?”

Hello @dr350jja ,

That’s a good question, because it’s kind of buried deep in the settings. :slight_smile:

• Main Menu (the 3 horizontal line icon, upper-left-corner of dashboard) > Devices > select your camera/doorbell > Device Settings (the tile button with the blue gear icon) > Video Settings > select “Video Recording Length” > choose your desired “Max Recording Length” > then select “Save” (upper-right-corner).

The reason this is the “Max Recording Length” is because selection of other video settings, such the “Advanced Motion Detection” or “Motion Verification”, could possibly trim and shorten the recording length, if enabled, when the triggering motion stops.

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Boone wrote:

@dr350jja wrote:

Hello @dr350jja ,

That’s a good question, because it’s kind of buried deep in the settings. :slight_smile:

• Main Menu (the 3 horizontal line icon, upper-left-corner of dashboard) > Devices > select your camera/doorbell > Device Settings (the tile button with the blue gear icon) > Video Settings > select “Video Recording Length” > choose your desired “Max Recording Length” > then select “Save” (upper-right-corner).

The reason this is the “Max Recording Length” is because selection of other video settings, such the “Advanced Motion Detection” or “Motion Verification”, could possibly trim and shorten the recording length, if enabled, when the triggering motion stops.

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile:

When I log into my Dashboard, I don’t see any of the things you listed here. Not sure why.

Hey there, @dr350jja! If you are not seeing these steps, functions, or options, please remove then reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. Next, log back into the Ring app owner account, as only owners can change settings (not Shared Users).

From the home screen of the Ring app, or dashboard, the steps shared above by @Boone should guide you to the recording length options you desire. As a note, the Ring.com web browser dashboard does not allow you to alter settings, and this must be done within the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like