Ring doorbell offline - strong wifi

My ring video doorbell 2 (wirless, battery) has shown as offline for a week. However, 2.4 GHZ wifi signal strength is good and battery is charged to 100%. I tried reconnecting the doorbell using these instructions after talking to Ring Support on the phone. How to Reconnect Your Video Doorbell or Security Camera to Wifi
Still no luck. See screenshot.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi @minnesnowta. What error do you get when it fails to reconnect to your wifi?

@Justin_Ring - I don’t know what I did, or what happened, but the device is appearing online now! I’ll follow-up on this thread if there are issues later, but as of now we appear to be online and good. Thanks!

2 Likes

I personally am astounded by the quality of the wi-fi chipset in the same doorbell. For reasons I won’t go into, my doorbell is currently located a floor down from me in my apartment block. The Ring app is telling me that I have a very weak wi-fi connection (which is in the red and has an RSSI of 81!), but my live few is crystal clear and the footage of me setting it up are completely stutter free.
I do have an excellent router, one that is infinitely superior to the ones usually supplied by the big ISPs here (Virgin, Sky, Eircom). I certainly had never heard of it before, the FRITZ!Box 7530. I won’t bore you with the details, but the 2.4Ghz is doing the job superbly. This will almost definitely change tomorrow when everyone else is using their wi-fi and various other devices that will interfere (It’s 12.35am here in Ireland).