Ring Alarm Pro Experiences

I am waiting to see what people’s experiences with the new Ring Alarm Pro are before I upgrade… other than a couple of negative reviews on Amazon I haven’t seen much. Anyone do the upgrade already and want to share how it went? And did it migrate all of your devices fine?

1 Like

I upgraded a couple of days ago. Upgrading from the ring alarm base station to the ring alarm Pro base station was easy. All of my Z-Wave devices ported over and there were no issues. The form factor of the new system is larger and the lights can be much brighter based on how you adjust them. I also hardwired the base station into my router via a switch.

The EERO upgrade process wasn’t perfect and they don’t tell you that you need to manually add all Wi-Fi cameras. I also set up a separate SSID and have ported all of my Wi-Fi devices to the eero network. It uses Wi-Fi 6 which I understand offers faster speeds. I’ve also noticed that my Wi-Fi coverage has extended. It also uses WPA 3 which is more secure. The only issue is none of my devices have WPA3 yet.

It’s now fully set up and working fine. Eero has its own app which provides a good amount of detail and control regarding their router.

2 Likes

I can’t post comments to the community. Is it because of the upgrade?

I finally upgraded and had zero issues. All of my devices including Z-Wave transferred perfectly. I didn’t need to manually add my cameras.

So far I am really NOT impressed…I have Ring Pro with cellular backup and I am currently having to use my cell phone hotspot to connect!!! Issues are that WiFi/Internet drops about 5-10 times a day and cellular never kicks in despite the internet connection dropping. I have checked modem and connection is OK and I have power cycled all of the devices. If it doesn’t get better I will be reverting back to Eero 6 Pro and drop the Alarm Pro subscription.

Hi @rabrah. If you are able to connect to a WiFi hotspot, but are having issues with your home network, there may be some firewalls or security settings in place that are prohibiting a solid connection. I suggest reaching out to our Ring Alarm Support Team so they can take a closer look at this with you and identify the root cause. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

But that was a comment you posted…