Recordings

Hi I’ve just bought and installed a security cam and subscribed to protect plus, is the camera recording 24/7

No - I believe it’s only when it detects movement. Then it records for a specific time

1 Like

I set up my cam last week and I’m getting no notifications at all and despite being set at maximum sensitivity, the camera is barely capturing any movement at all. I need it as being harassed by local kids in my garden, yet the camera doesn’t even capture me when I go out my front door. Not overly impressed with it so far. Also noticed that when I go to live view, it takes several attempts to reconnect.

Hi @FiCr. When it comes to concerns with motion detection on your Ring Doorbell or Camera, there are a few things you can check. First, you can try adjusting the Motion Frequency if you have a battery-powered device. You can read more about Motion Frequency in our Help Center Article here. Additionally, you can adjust the Motion Zones themselves to make sure they encompass the area you want motion to be captured in. This may take some trial and error in order to find the combination of settings that work best for your home.

If this concern still persists after adjusting the settings and testing out different combinations, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can look into this more closely. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 he :slight_smile: re to see how to contact support.