Pinch to zoom on live view not working!! Use the Rapid Ring app it’s still working!!

It seemed pretty clear. On live view you can no longer zoom in by pinching on the screen to see up closer.

I did all of that too and called over a week ago still does not work now when it before did work perfectly.

No one who has a Apple device and who has written in this post has said it is working for them that is on the new update, everyone has got the same issue who has updated to the new Ring app update version 5.21.0

The only people who said it’s working for them are on Android devices or ones that have not updated to the new iOS update version 5.21.0 of the Ring app.

I have contacted Ring by pm and all I got was “we know about it and working on it “. Haven’t heard any kind of response about any updates. This has been going on for about two weeks now? Last night on my ring app nothing worked for several hours. Spouses phone works fine. IDK

I have iPhone pro max on iOS 13.3 along with ring app 5.21.0 and my live feed will also not zoom. Will zoom on previous recordings. Frustrating, can this please be fixed.

I am really surprised this was not tested on an iPhone before updating the app. Stupid on their part. If it takes so long to fix it, then revert it back to the previous version while you are working on a solution. This is terrible customer service.

1 Like

This is absolutely ridiculous. It’s been 11 days since first reported on this forum and this seemingly simple issue has not been corrected.

Good morning folks. My wife has iPhone XS Max, 5.20.0 and it works fine. I have iPhone 8 Plus and ring version 5.21.0. It does NOT work on my phone. I just downloaded the rapid ring app and it works on that app. Guess i can use that until this issue is fixed.

I have contacted ring about this and they advised that it would be fixed but when? This is taking way to long for a simple fix. Shame on you Ring.

Let me also say that i have an iPad 11 and it works fine on it. 5.20.0

If you’re on 5.20. Make sure you don’t let it update to 5.21 until it’s fixed.

It’s not just the zoom… the whole app no longer works! I don’t like the new layout -bring back the old please!

It works on my wife’s iPhone 10s Max and not in my iPhone 11 pro Max

Hi neighbors! I want to thank every single one of you for giving us more detailed information, including app and software versions, to pass on to our team. Again, we’re sorry to hear that the zoom feature is still not working as expected. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve it as soon as possible. In the meantime, please utilize the Rapid Ring app to zoom in on your Live View. We appreciate your patience and we will make sure to update this thread as soon as we have more information.

Bring back pinch to zoom!

You don’t need a dag on screenshot this is what’s happening we can’t zoom in or out on live mode.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the ‘Accepted Solution’ button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

Chelsea_Ring, that would be nice to do except there is no BUTTON next to the REPLY.

When l pinch to zoom out on live view it froze! It did not zoom out!

My rapid ring will also not zoom

Hello Chelsea

Could you facilitate Ring sending public notice of this issue to all community members and regular reports as time goes on?

1 Like