Pinch to zoom on live view not working!! Use the Rapid Ring app it’s still working!!

Not working on Android either. It use to work just fine but now I cannot zoom in on any of my videos

Its not working on Android either

It’s working on every Android device I own.

Thanks Ring! Now none of the buttons on screen work! As well as no zoom!!!

This just started happening to me with the latest Ring app update. Pinch to zoom isn’t working on my iPhone XS Max, my wife’s X or my iPad 7th gen. Please fix this.

1 Like

We need this back ASAP.

2 Likes

MIne is not working either, bought another cam for indoors, got a software update and it no longer works.

There is obviouly an issure with the software update.

regards

1 Like

I have been trying to see if Ring are in need of more beta testers, but Ring is not extending invitations as of the moment for the Ring Beta Testing Program.

So I think I will be doing my own testing from now on, I have automatic updates turned off for the App Store and from now on when Ring release a update for the Ring app I will be updating on a old iPhone first now do make sure we don’t have issues like this again.

I would highly recommend everyone now turn off automatic update on the App Store if you don’t have it turned off already and install Ring app update on old apple devices first now.

Chelsea, that’s not true. In live view there is no zooming no matter what you do. Also, why did the timeline feature become a default? Before it was an option. Also, if in live view and another camera is triggered the switch option, in the upper right corner, is gone. Looks to me with update 5.21 you added a lot more bugs than you took out.
FYI I’m using app version 5.21 on iPhone 8 and iPad 6th Gen both with latest iOS version 13.3.

Correction, my iPad is actually still on 5.20.0 and it can pinch-to-zoom.

My iPhone and my wife’s iPhone are both on 5.21.0 and can NOT pinch-to-zoom.

We have 2 cameras we use to check in on our dog when we’re out of the house and not being able to pinch-to-zoom on our phones makes them almost useless.

That’s weird because I just installed it on my wife’s android and it is working. I was thinking it might be an iOS thing but I see a lot of people saying it’s not working on their androids. But it worked in my wife’s. Very weird

People need to be posting their app versions when they reply.

Just saying that it works for you is useless without context. It’s clearly a problem between app version releases.

FYI I’m using app version 5.21on iPhone 8 and iPad 6th Gen both with latest iOS version 13.3.

It’s the same apple app version that everyone just got. It’s been posted here about a hundred times.

One person said Android. They’re wrong. It’s only iOS.

@Eagle328 wrote:
It’s the same apple app version that everyone just got. It’s been posted here about a hundred times.

Except that you don’t know what version people are using when they reply with “it works for me”.

edit: I manually refreshed my App Store update page and now it shows the 5.21 update for my iPad. So many bugs in iOS 13…

5.21 is the lastest. Look back at all the posts

See my previous post with edit. My App Store wasn’t updating on my iPad to show 5.21.

I’m aware 5.21 is the latest. In a previous post I said I have 5.21 on my phone.

Look here in the app store. See attached.

This is not working for me either. I called and reported this over a week ago. I found this to be very important and without it I am considering selling my rings and going to a competitor that I also use. You have to bring this back!!!