Notification from Ring doorbell delayed and not instantaneous

I am disappointed with the performance of my above Ring 3 + Chime Pro.

When the door bell rings or when movement is detected by the time I have accessed the programme and then ‘activate the device’ the caller has left meaning I am unable to see who was at my front door, rendering the main reason for having the device unattainable.

Is there any way the programme and ‘active the device’ can be triggered automatically when the door bell is activated?

Also, is there any way I can obtain the Pin number for this device without having to get the doorbell removed?

I am a disabled octogenarian and would need to get a tradesmen in to retrieve they number.

Hi @fhorley. What pin number are you referring to? I would suggest giving the Rapid Ring App a try, which is a companion to the Ring App and it is designed to allow you to answer notifications and answer Live View much more quickly. You can learn more about the Rapid Ring App in our Help Center Article here. Let me know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

Thanks Caitlin for your helpful reply. I have installed Rapid Ring and the system is a lot quicker in responding.

1 Like

The pin was the one on the reverse of the doorbell but I no longer need it

1 Like