No Live View

I cant get my live view to work on my samsung even after turning off data saver. Please help.

I called Ring customer services and they advised me to return it to where I bought mine.

Hi neighbors! Hope all is well. I’ve been monitoring this thread and have a few questions. Please let me know the following:

• When you can’t access Live View, are you on wifi or cellular data
    • Can you please confirm/deny if you can access Live View while on wifi and have data saver on
    • Can you please confirm/deny if you can access Live View while on cell data and have data saver on
  • What happens when you try to access Live View? Do you get a spinning circle, does it time out, do you receive an error message?
  • Are you not able to connect to Live View from the app, or by answering a motion notification?
  • Confirm if you’re on iOS or Android
  • Confirm speed tests look good and you have a strong connection from the router to device

Thank you so much for you help with this, neighbors! Appreciate it.

Ok, I read the ‘fix’ about turning Data off but what if this is happening on my mac air laptop?

I’ve had nothing but problems since my last Samsung update - but don’t know how to fix it. Still blank black page on my laptop when I try to go live. I can go live on my phone, and my iPad but not my mac air. Any suggestions?

It worked for me. Took my data offline and ta da! Seems like a shame though that it just doesn’t work, that you have to turn something off to get something else to work!

1 Like

How do I do this? Please explain in simple terms as I am not very tech savvy… thank you!

I just got the 2 pack ring spotlight cam and same issue, inconsistent live view or more like no-view, wifi is 1 gbps and the connection is very strong. I hesitate to call Ring for support, their tech people speak really bad English and very frustrating as usual. Usually always tell you to restart it, move it closer to the router etc…

I have just returned both the new generation doorbell and Doorbell 3 to the shop, as I could not fix the problem with the Live View. I have tried all kinds of things. Wi-Fi 2.4GHz, Wi-Fi 5GHz, with range extender, without range extender, different access points/routers, right next to the Access Point/Router, connecting over Wi-Fi, over cellular, with VPN on, with VPN off, with data saver off, with the normal Ring app, with the Rapid Ring app. Nothing works. Several times a day the Live View functionality does not work. I’m disappointed. Will not try the Ring brand anywhere in the (near) future. Would certainly not recommend Ring doorbells to someone else. Negative NPS.

1 Like

I am having the same issue now. When I click on live view it just keeps spinning and says activating … how do I turn off data saver or where do I go to find it and turn it off?

Turning off data saver does not work for me.
Try this: 1. Go to Device Setting then General
Settings
2. Press Remove This Device (Warning will appear: “Are you sure you want to remove this device?”
3. Choose “Reconnect this Device”
4. Follow further instructions (you may have to open the battery compartment of your ring device as will be instructed…GOOD LUCK?

1 Like

I tried reconnecting. I tried data off. Still no Live View or motion alerts. This has to be bigger then WiFi. All of my other devices connected to WiFi are operating well. So disappointing to spend good money on something that fails to work way too often.

I’m having the same issue. Three identical stick up cams. Live view doesn’t work on the one with the best wifi signal, works well on the other two.

Customer support told me this is a known issue and it is being looked at but no ETA on the fix, although I didn’t get the impression that customer support had the most reliable information.

I’m still in the 30 day return window so maybe returning the camera is my best option.

I constantly have live connection issues and practically every other recorded video is 40 seconds of blank video. This is my 1st ring product and 2nd replacement CAM and I am just plain fed up. I have spent hours on the phone with support and just keep having the same issues over and over again. My router is literally 12 ft away from the camera and I don’t have any WiFi connection issues with other devices. It seems like many other people have these same issues, so it’s a shame I will not use anymore ring products in the future.

how do you turn off the data saver?

how do you turn off the data on an IPhone XR?

yeah that does not work either

Were you find the data to turn off

Hi neighbors! While I’m unsure about Iphone, here is an article from the Android website about data saver. A data saver feature can also vary by manufacturer and OS version. Our Rapid Ring app is also designed for quicker live view connection. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Had this issue 12:18 am this morning with 2 cameras. Live view did not work until 12:40am! Even rebooted my phone without success.

• I was on wifi with data saver off but I believe I also tried using cell data too without success.
  • 2 of the cams closest to my router could not live view or answer an alert. The third cam which was farthest away from the router worked fine. When trying to view live got spinning circle and times out.
  • I could neither do a live view or answer a motion alert on 2 of my cams. I could only view video from event history which defeats the purpose of seeing who or what triggered the cams at that moment in the first place.
  • phone is a Samsung S8
  • Did not do a speed test