New Disarm mode not working, still detects motion?

Just installed a brand new Ring Doorbell only to find the same issue with disarm mode. Unfortunate that this thread was started 8 or so months ago and the only “solution” provided by Ring is “have you tried turning it off and on again?” And then of course the, “are you sure you turned it off and on again?” doubting the affirmation that it didn’t work from customers.

I was hoping as a late adopter that I wouldn’t have to suffer these problems… (or customer service.)

1 Like

I just figured this issue out (was driving me crazy)!
You’d think Ring tech support would have you check this setting.

In your Ring app, go to “Settings”, under “Location Settings” tap on “Modes”, then under “Mode Settings” tap on “Disarmed”, then tap on the device that you want to change the behavior for (in my case the “Front Door Ring Doorbell”). On the next screen check your “Motion Detection” setting. Mine was set to “On” (which obviously doesn’t make sense in “Disarmed” mode). After I switched that setting to “Off”, the “Disarmed” mode worked for me as it should :slight_smile:

(PS: I just saw where Gazza1954 had posted basically the same solution in May 2020, but I had already types this up, so decided to leave it here)

2 Likes

I was having the same problem. I tried what you suggested, and it did work for me too. Thank you so much.

Finally, a fix that stopped all of the motion alarms in disarmed mode. Thank you!

1 Like

My disarmed mode is still alerting with my cameras

I had the same problem- call Ring technical support, they reset it in their end & told me to reset the app too- it works now.

1 Like

Hi @Joeg23. Thank you for sharing what worked for you!

I have the wired spotlight cam. I have it disabled and still turning on lights and detecting motion. Crazy

Just had an interesting chat with support and Disarm does not work the way you would expect i.e. it does NOT disarm the the device (i.e. disarm motion detection and notifications). Instead it unsets the other two options - it unsets the Home and Away modes - meaning it defaults to motion and alerts being ON…! Who would have thought!

So if you have not set either Home/Away modes, then change the default decive:
3 dots menu > Devices > select camera > set the two sliders as you wish.

My 3 stick up cams recently started recording in the disarmed mode despite being set via Modes to not record. Modes had worked fine for many months, now this issue. I toggled the Modes and that seemed to help for a day or two, but they are recording again.

Detecting this problem then having to reset each cam and the APP is not a practical solution. Since this started with all 3 stickup cams at the same time, this is no doubt a software issue if some sort.

Tech support, please help.

Hi @RingRingDingaling, we appreciate you sharing your feedback here. If you’ve tried the suggestions in this thread to no avail, please reach out to our support team so they can look into this further and help find a solution that works for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

I’m reading these going Wow! I am about to cancel my Ring subscription and delete the app. Mine will not only NOT disarm, but the Ring app is the #1 battery drain on my Android. Unless I hit back to back snooze on each camera for Max time, this app can eat up an entire battery on a new Kyocera Ultra in 2 hours when I’m home. It shows more power usage than Facebook and any other app combined. Direct help needed or I’m deleting.

Same issue.
Please fix asap, it’s been 18 months…