Motion alerts keep getting deactivated, motion alert slider moves when opening settings

Periodically I stopped receiving motion alerts. When I open the app and press on the settings wheel, the motion alerts slider moves from off to on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix it?

Hi @Wasatchbl1. Can you tell us more about this? What type of phone do you have and what version of the Ring app is installed? What device is this happening to?

I’ve been experiencing the same thing with the app over the past month. Sometimes the motion alert slider exhibits a longer-than-usual delayed movement from “off” to “on”, and now I’m wondering whether this has something to do with the lack of motion alerts for some recent events. I’ve also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app (currently 3.71.0), but it failed to alert me of another event last night. I also double-checked to ensure that my alert “snooze” feature was turned “off”. As far as I can tell, the missing alerts have occurred randomly with two different cams (Stick Up Cam Elite POE and Stick Up Cam Battery/Solar), although I believe the issue is with the app and not the cameras. Using Galaxy S10e.