Install on a storm door or the aluminum siding with anti-theft?

My sister just purchased a second generation Ring wireless doorbell. Her only two options are to attach it to her storm door or on the aluminum siding. Her storm door swings out and all products sold that I can find are for inward opening doors. I also heard that installing them on a storm door is not good because of the metal and glass. What about aluminum siding then? Also, with either option, is there an anti-theft gadget. She rents but because of ongoing dispute with her neighbor the landlord is allowing her to install however she has to do it.

Hi @user78605. Storm doors and aluminum siding will both degrade the wifi signal that the Ring Doorbell needs to remain connected and functional. Your sister is welcome to try and install the Ring Doorbell on the aluminum siding, but the signal not be strong or stable enough for consistent performance. In the instance that a Ring device is stolen, you can find information here on the process to follow.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.