How do I turn off Alexa saying “Someone is at the...” on Echo Show5?

Hi
I have wireless security cameras and an Echo Show5. When they detect a person I get an alert and a 10 second or so video clip on my Echo Show, which is great, except for the very loud “Someone was detected at your…” announcement from Alexa.
I tried setting a Routine hoping it would replace the announcement, but I get both the Routine and the loud announcement.
It’s shocking that there is no volume control for this announcement but I’ve tried the numerous volume sliders that exist under routines, alarms/timers, reminders and the general volume, none of which affect it.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi @scoobyDont. You can find the information we have on Doorbell Press and Motion Announcements via Alexa in this Help Center article. Any options for what announcement is played will be controlled in the Alexa app, not in the Ring app. Based on the information available, it doesn’t seem that there is an option to disable specifically the verbal announcement while retaining the alert and brief Live View. I’ve attached a screenshot below from the article I shared.

Thank you for this reply!
I dug around the article you referenced and found a buried setting in the Alexa app, which disabled the announcement but still provides the video feed on the Echo Show 5.
For interested people:
Alexa App>Devices>Camera>Settings (cog)>Camera Event Settings>Person Detection>Announcements, turn off.

This did it!

1 Like

@scoobyDont Awesome, thank you for sharing that solution! I’m glad this worked for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.