Grace period to deal with false alarms

With the RING alarm system is there any way to configure a “grace period” of say 30 seconds when a sensor is triggered so that only the internal siren sounds and no emergency contacts made.

This is so that false alarms can be dealt with before neighbours hear the external siren and emergency contacts are disturbed. My old analogue system used this approach and it was very useful for when you set-off the alarm by accident. It gives you just enough time to correct the situation before it escalates to a noisy external siren and to disturbing your emergency contacts.

I have had house alarms for 30 years and the only time they have every triggered is by accident (e.g. entering via the wrong door or mis-setting the system). So the most likely scenario of alarm activation is “accidental” and not due to a burglar. If a two-stage escalation approach is not available in RING then this is a feature they should definitely consider adding (making it an option to use it or not depending on individual needs).

Hi @Siege. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Thanks Justin. I assume from your suggestion that this feature does not currently exist in RING so I have hopefully managed to add it to the Feature Request Board as you suggested.

1 Like