Force Firmware to Update on Ring Video Doorbell Pro

well 4th unit sent out and still 1.16.00272 firmware with no up to date or change and no snapshot totally disappointed in ring

When I installed my Pro it took about 4 weeks before it updated. I checked almost every few days. But 9ne day it was up to date. You might want to give it a few weeks.

One of the times I talked with a ring support person about my stuck pro ,I told them if they would just monitor these posts they could easily see that the 1.16.00272 firmware is the problem. Something tells me they have so many devices with this bad firmware they dont know what to do. I just did what they asked so they would send me a new one.(installed new transformer & disabled my mesh router system)nothing changed, I knew it wasn’t the problem before I did it,I have another ring doorbell out back working perfect. I prayed the next one wasn’t on the same firmware & thank goodness it wasn’t .So just after setting it up, it automatically updated from I think it was firmware 1.16.00267 that it started at out of the box. The ring support team is nice to talk with,no negatives to them. This is just a firmware problem that seemingly might not be fixable if it’s on the device but who knows.

My 3rd door bell was installed over 3 weeks and nothing changed and now this 4th one same friggin firmware and the snapshot is what I want the most I don’t know what else to do every support agent gave me different answered from they don’t know when it will be fixed bit then read on here people had there’s updating

After weeks of seeing “Up to date” in Device Health (in the Ring app) today I got something different for both my Ring Chime and the Ring Doorbell Pro (installed Dec 31, 2019). The Chime now reports firmware 1.1.27 and the Ring Pro reports 2.2.00097. This “change” seems to have happened either Monday or Tuesday as I’m pretty certain that Sunday was still showing “Up to date”.

Other than this change I don’t see anything different and everything that used to work (which is really everything) still works fine for me.

One of two video doorbell pros I installed back on 2/20/2020 were stuck on that fw that was not updating right away (1.16.00272). One chat with support and two calls to support I was told that they had put my device mac address on the list to be addressed. I’m happy to report that 15 days later it is showing Up to Date and my snapshots are now working. So don’t lose hope like I almost did. As others have been saying they will update eventually as long as support has gotten your device tagged on the master ticket they have for devices that need to have firmware update issue resolved. Good luck!

I recently encountered a problem which tells me that sometimes the wrong software is updating your camera. Difficult to tell them there is a problem because they refuse, as amazon does to give a reference id for the call for help. In other words you called them for nothing.
Personally i do have many, so I remove the device and use another one, i then recreate the device as if just received it.
But now i will try arlo as i am now fed up in battling with their customer support.
In previous years i managed to contact their programmer so for a little while things were better but going back to battle again as said fed up.

Version is just text
Problem is that amazon staff are not technical and have access to the server