False Alarm motion sensor

Hi, I did have several false alarm with different motion sensors. The sensors are set on medium sensitivity. We do not have any animals. I thought it might have been caused by insects. Anyone has same problem? Any proposals for solution? Thanks

Hi @user60176. Where are these Motion Detectors located? Windows, heat sources, and air vents can all cause false alarms, so it’s important not to have your Motion Detectors facing them. It’s recommended to install the Motion Detector about 7.5 feet off the ground, typically in the corner of a room.

sensors are located as mentioned in the installation guide: around 2,2m high, no vents, windows or other heat sources facing them. I have set them now on low sensitivity. However I’m worried to have more false alarms and disturbing our neighborhood.

@user60176 Hopefully adjusting the sensitivity to low helps resolve your problem. The only other thing I could think of is if there’s a fan or a vent causing movement somewhere else, such as pushing a curtain or the leaves of a plant. These are just my guesses based on the information you shared.