Echo Show(s) not showing Live Video or notifications on screen when button pressed

In addition to this, also make sure that the relevant Ring device is selected within the “Announcement Devices” option.

1 Like

I had the same problem. Turned out that the Echo Show was registered to my wife’s Amazon account & I had set up the doorbell on my Amazon account
I deregistered & re-registered it on my account & bingo, all sorted!

1 Like

We’ve done everything from renaming, to rebooting, to checking every box in ring and enabling through skill. We have an Echo 8 and compatible Alexa products. We have to prompt our Show to view the front door, still don’t have the automatic capability, thinking of adding an additional mesh router to give stronger wifi, has anyone tried this?

Three years since issue raised and I have same problem. When doorbell press I receive an audio announcement but the screen on my Echo Show 8 remains blank. Surely Ring/Amazon should have fixed this bug by now.

Hi neighbors. You should be able to access the Live View and receive announcements from your Ring devices on your Echo Shows. If this integration has stopped working properly, try the troubleshooting steps listed here. After trying the steps there, review the settings in your Alexa app to ensure that Doorbell announcements are toggled on. Lastly, check if your Echo Show needs to be updated as well. If the integration is still not working correctly, and your Ring devices are all working as expected in the Ring app, please follow up with Alexa’s support directly for further assistance.

I’ve had my ring and echo show 8 working flawlessly but recently added 3 new stick up cams and cannot view them on show no matter what I do