Doorbell not recording after midnight

My ring camera is not recording after 12am and 4am . Its been going on for month’s. Yes, I bought the year plan. Yes, all my setting motion sensors , people , cars are enabled. Something is wrong with all the ring cameras . I just had an accident happen in front of my house on Monday at 2am . A car crashed into my mailbox and guess what , the ring camera didn’t capture anything at all unbelievable!!! This is a huge problem needs to be fixed asap .

2 Likes

Same problem- have “snapshot” setup on all my cameras, the wired cams snapshot every minute (per selection) fine, my battery spotlight is set to every 15 minutes works fine, my video doorbell battery is set to every hour and as a test I did every 15 minutes and does not work during the night.

From around 3/4am every morning the snapshot stops recording until around 9/10am the next day when the video doorbell camera kicks in for some significant motion or the physical doorbell being pressed, on the timeline it’s not just snapshots there’s never ANY motion alerts any night nor recording snapshots every hour or every 15 minutes (per testing a more regular snapshot) during these hours.

Therefore it’s like the device is almost hibernating or going to sleep,

Before RingBot replies with useless suggestions I have

rebooted ring alarm
I am a annual subscribed member
other cameras are fine so not an internet issue or wifi issue as RSSI is green
router does not go down - set monitoring up
made sure devices are up to date, rebooted the doorbell and even reset it
I do not have motion times setup or snoozes
I even un-linked all the connected cameras (so linked devices couldn’t be used as an excuse for this issue)

This is a bug clearly, either that or it’s a way for Ring to cheekily reserve battery drain as they know it’s a huge issue on battery devices.

I’ve Spent at least £1000 on a full ring setup and my front facing camera doesn’t work at night…pointless!

Hi @TheSafety. I appreciate you listing out what troubleshooting steps you’ve already tried. Since you have gone through the basics, would you mind touching base with our support team on this matter? The Community is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum and we can help with general concerns, but for more in-depth troubleshooting, our support team will be the best point of contact. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: