Apple Watch OS6.1 motion image preview

I also received the preview images for a day!

I did get an (unsatisfactory) reply from Ring (see below). Agree, the responses that customers are receiving are unsatisfactory given that the feature was released. I suspect the feature was under test and accidently made generally available?

Has anyone actually received any further information on this feature?

"First of all, I’d like to thank you for choosing Ring as your home security partner. I can see that you’ve contacted us because last December 19, 219, you’ve received pictures instead of text message form of notification for the motion detected by your Ring device. I can see that you would prefer to have images rather than text messages. As a consumer, I completely understand how can this be a concern. I’ll be more than willing to assist you with your concern.

I have reached out to our Advanced Technical Support Team and as per their response, this is not a test for that feature. This feature is available before but was removed after the latest Ring app update. I’ve asked them if this feature can be available in the future but they said that there is no announcement but we hope to see it soon."

1 Like

I have been waiting for this ever since I bought a Wyze Pan Cam to supplement my four Ring cameras. The Wyze alert shows a screenshot with the alert on my watch.

Sound and reasonable advice. However-

Had you read the thread, you would have known numerous individuals had attempted this course of action; and with unprodutive results.

Feel free to actually read the thread and contributions by those doing work and research to find out more information.

Best regards!

What a strange and unhelpful comment. Why bother with such a negative and patronising intervention. There are now over 5 pages of comments with virtually zero obvious intervention from Ring themselves to clarify the situation. There is obviously a bug or a withdrawn feature. Why not come and say so. Say it’s in development, say it clashes with something and had to be withdrawn but don’t leave 5 pages worth of people wondering what is going on. Nobody brought it for the purpose of seeing images on their watch so nobody should feel cheated but clearer messaging about an obvious issue is basic.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! We’re excited to bring new things to our neighbors to make the experience better, and are working on refining this motion preview image with alerts. We are hoping to have this able for our neighbors soon and bring it in the near future! That way, you don’t have to go outside to see who may be out there or open your app to see more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your response Chelsea,

It is at last very nice to get a response from Ring. I and I’m sure many others will look forward to this new functionality. When I first saw it over Christmas I was extremely impressed and it provided a genuine added value to the Ring watch app and the Ring solution in general. It will bring your product range back to the forefront again and I for one will stop looking for an alternative solution - at least for now. Looking forward to seeing this functionality again.

I would have clicked on the Accepted Solution button, but there wasn’t one presented for me to click on.

Thanks again,

Nigel.

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who saw that and now not anymore.
I hope they will fast come back with this functionality.

1 Like

Any news on a date for this update?

1 Like

Definitely summer time. I’d like to see this feature as soon as possible, even if it’s imperfect at first.

Thanks.

I appreciate finally seeing a response from someone that is indicated as an official representative from Ring.

At the same time, however, this Post is marked as “Solved”, and that is not accurate.

This topic should not be marked as Solved as it removes it from Ring’s queue of topics and items of importance from the Community.

When can we expect this functionality to be available this Summer? Thank you.

Hello neighbors, thank you for your feedback and interest in this feature. We appreciate your patience while our team continues to work to bring you this feature. Our top priority is always your security and safety. Regarding my previous post that is marked as “Solved,” this is our way of making sure the most relevant information in a thread is quickly seen by others looking for answers. We will make sure to share an update when this feature is available!

Well it is certainly Summer in the UK, and am sure it is Summer in the US, no sign of this feature…

1 Like

yup. Summer here and still no solution

1 Like

Any update on this? It would be great to see previews on Apple Watch. Thanks

1 Like

I totally concur!!!

1 Like

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Grrrr…
I just got the Apple Watch 5 and no photos AT ALL.

I have not yet uninstalled the Ring App from my iPhone and reinstalled it…
Because:
I SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO SO!!!

(Sorry for shouting, but…)

REALLY, Ring People? 5 Apple Watch models and only one response up to this far on this thread?

I’ve left more responses than The Ring Gods have.

And I usually don’t complain.

1 Like

SOMEONE FROM RING… can you provide an update on when thumbnail previews will be supported?? Please don’t respond with a canned response. SOMEONE from RING has GOT to know when this feature is coming out. Thank you.

I got fed up of waiting in the end, switched over to Nest. No regrets whatsoever.

1 Like

Hi ChrisC29 ,

Can I just check, with Nest can you get an image on your Apple Watch? I am also getting tired of waiting and as I have not invested too much into Ring hardware at my home address I may look at an alternative solution as I suspect we are not going to see the feature in Ring. Thanks.

Best wishes

Tony

Yeah, you a GIF video of about 5 seconds or so, that you can play on your watch. I was in the same boat, Doorbell was my first purchase but needed cameras too and wanted to make sure I was happy with the platform before getting too invested. Switched to Nest and then ended up getting their cameras too. I don’t think any system is perfect and neither is Nest but it is definatly better in my situation.

1 Like