Alarm Feature Update: Linked Devices Camera Siren

Hi @rlazarus. This feature is for Ring Security Cameras with a siren, it does not apply to third party devices such as the First Alert Z-Wave Smoke & CO Alarm. The siren on the smoke & CO alarm will go off when smoke or CO is detected, and that will trigger the siren on the Ring Alarm, but you cannot link it the other way around.

It seems the linked devices feature (alarm) is still not working properly. I have an alarm base station gen 2 and a Ring Indoor Cam. Those two devices are linked and the Indoor Cam should activate the siren when the regular alarm goes off ((!)). However it does not work. No sound from the Indoor Cam.

Any ideas/bugfixes please?

1 Like

Hi @Clemens. Make sure you’re navigating to the Linked Devices tile under the Ring Alarm Base Station. Tap on the Alarm Sounding option and then toggle the siren on for your Indoor Cam. If that doesn’t work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Just added a Ring Alarm to my system with 8 cameras. All are linked to record and sound alarm in case of a break in. Recording does work but any of the cameras alarm sound when the alarm is triggered. I see that this bug has more than one year around. Is it going to be fixed? Thanks.

I just tested it and unfortunately when you click the red alarm button on the app, it only sounds the base station alarm and not the sirens of linked outdoor cameras