Adding wired motion sensors to Retrofit Alarm Kit

I have the Retrofit Kit and have wired the door sensors successfully. I have two wired motion sensors that I’m trying to wire now. I will be using the power from the legacy panel. There are 4 wires and when I removed the wires from the legacy panel and put them in the same sequence on the Retrofit, it wasn’t recignized. The wires were wired with one wire connected to AUX, one wire to the corresponding zone and two wires to a common. I did the same on the Retrofit to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any insight.

Hi @user73209. You can find our FAQ about the Ring Alarm Retrofit Kit here. The Retrofit Alarm Kit can monitor wired contact sensor zones (contact sensors are usually used for doors and windows), which is probably why you are running into issues trying to use wired motion sensors. I’d recommend looking over this Help Center article, which covers wired alarm zone compatibility with the Retrofit Kit. For assistance with your Retrofit Kit, please reach out to our support team and request to speak with the Ring Alarm team specifically.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.