2nd Gen Chime Pro - Schedule LED Light and adjust Ambient light Sensitivity

Would like the ability to set the chime night light for 1am-6am. I have the device in a place that gets shady in afternoon and the night light comes on early evening and I don’t care to see it during those hours.

1 Like

Can we please get a software update that allows users to set schedules for when the Nightlight on Ring Chimes turns on and off?

If we could set our own custom times like 7PM for ON and 5AM for OFF or whatever times are best optimal for the end user, the Nightlight feature on Ring Chimes would not only be useful for ALL users, but it’ll also help on energy efficiency!

What’s your thoughts;I would like to suggest an update for chime- a timed night light as my chime lives in a dark hallway and as a result I have to manually turn on and off

1 Like

Totally agree- I’ve just been looking to see if I can add it to my Alexa as a skill. Sadly not. Only had this chime a few days & have to go into the app twice a day to turn on/off. The only issue I have is remembering to do it!

1 Like

I need the same feature; either let us schedule the night light or let us adjust the sensitivity. My other night lights don’t come on during the day when used in the same hallway. My interior hallway doesn’t get full sunlight so the Chime Pro (2nd Gen) light is always on, wasting energy.

1 Like

They Should add a Schedule for night Light for the Chime Pro and all Chimes with a night light . my Hall way is mostly Dark during the day , i dont want my Night light being on during the day . They need a schedule when the Night light can be activated, and you can still leave the automatic sensor on with the schedule, or add a toggle in app , to adjust how sensitive the light sensor can be .

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation, the nightlight really needs a scheduler becuase it get triggered to easily during the day as the hallway in which its placed, is somewhat dark.

2 Likes

The night light on my chime pro goes on at 5 PM. How can I adjust it to go on later when it gets dark?

1 Like

How can this basic feature still not be implemented? What a disappointment. The lack of support is a turn-off, not sure ill be buying more ring products.

Hi,

the new Chime Pro with nightlight is a great idea, but the feature set is lacking.
Problem: the nightlight turns on when I don’t want it. It already turns on at my living room brightness (not even the lower “watch TV brightness”). Manually activating and deactivating is cumbersome.

My recommendation would be to:

• Adjustable lux/brightness parameters in app when it should turn on or off. (Hue has it for motion detectors for example)
  • Adjustable schedule when the nightlight should be active or not (saving energy and helping to avoid light when I don’t want it). This would also be good for bedrooms.

Thanks and all the best!

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to set the nightlight to a timer, as well as the light sensor. It would also be nice to be able to adjust the night-light sensitivity (allow it to stay off in darker environments with less daylight)

Yeah, I would like to see these features as well but as long as this thread has been open for the same reason I don’t see it happening unfortunately.