Ring Alarm - Turn on GE toggle switch when Alarm triggers?

Here we are over a year later and it is still not possible to create a routine that triggers when the alarm is activated (not armed or disarmed but triggered!). Such a great system with such a major flaw and it appears Ring could not care less. You continue to force us to use an absurd hack to do what you should have as a native feature. I know, you created a “feature request” list. It appears to simply be a method to placate customers. FIX THIS PLEASE!

1 Like

Then add it already.

Seriously, why can’t my Leviton smart lights that “work with Ring” be turned on in the event alarm is triggered??? I’m fine with programming the routine in Alexa but there is no ALARM STATE for the trigger. So…I can tell my Ring cameras to automatically start recording during Alarm State but I can’t turn on my lights??? This isn’t an edge case issue, it should be TABLE STAKES for every alarm system to turn on lights when alarm goes off. #1: I want intruder to know it’s lights/camera/action to scare them off and #2: I don’t want to wake up on the dark completely disoriented with lights off. CMON RING, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

1 Like

This type of thing is why I’m surprised you increased your rate. You can’t add zwave devices into your network that all of the other major smart home hubs can and you want to cram things I don’t need into the plan. I may look at other hubs or just go back to Vera. Their paid service is cheaper than your new one

1 Like