Optional two factor identification

Bro, 2FA has its place. Just not in Rings implementation of it. They’ve had it correctly on their account/payments site, but their camera access is heavy handed and unnecessary. For example, I want to put Ring on my kids phone so he can see who’s at the front door and he’s got to provide Ring his email and phone for that privilege - wtf?! Another example hotshot, you ever wonder why Netflix and all those types of companies never implemented 2FA? I get why banks needed it before - to save their own arses- but banking apps now don’t use them anymore, opting for facial recognition. In all of those examples no ones falling foul of GDPR there are they!

The 30-day login doesn’t work properly. And having to log in just to see a doorbell video is not helpful. As noted earlier, by the time you log in, the visitor has gone. What a PITA!

1 Like

An absolute nightmare - should be optional!

2 Likes

When I get a notice of movement in my house but I have to sign in and then wait for a code to be sent to my phone defeats being able to check immediately. If I go to another country that my phone does not work in I cannot check because I don’t receive the code. Please make it our choice.