Keypad Gen2 Mode Lights

Please prioritize this request! We just switched to Ring and I really miss the light we had on our old security system. My son gets home late and I could always wake up and tell if he was home or not by the light as he would arm the system when he got home. It’s so reassuring to see that light.

3 Likes

I agree, the ability to quickly see across the room at a glance, the status of the alarm, is an important security feature. Even if this can only be enabled when the keypad is wired, that’s still an improvement. I plan to have mine wired, but even if I were wireless, I would be willing to recharge it more often, if that meant I would gain a persistent status light.

2 Likes

I came here to post this same request. I just purchased the Ring this past weekend and have noticed this feature being absent. This needs to work while on battery power. I do not have a plug nearby, so that option is not relevant.

OTHERWISE, I’m researching a safe way to use the prior alarm wiring to power this keypad (which will give the feature), and I would prefer to not do that for safety reasons.

I can’t believe they took this feature away for 2nd gen keypad. Please add it back! Having the mode lights always on lets us know from a glance at a distance what mode I’m on at any given time, increases a sense of security and acts as a reminder not to open certain windows or doors (without having to go stand near the keypad each time to light it up.) Please FIX this!

Hi Ring Team, I know you recently release a new 1st gen keypad firmware, now it are basically did unit a blind device, you may link all no lights features to “save energy” feature, and left all useful informative lights as it was before. Or at least release a way to downgrade the firmware by all users which disagree with latest changes?

Thank you
Luis

I think the new firmware also screwed up my keypad. After an all night recharge battery lasted only a few hours.

I know for a fact that the latest firmware screwed up 3 of my 1st Gen keypads. I reset all of them and refuse to plug in the power to prevent Ring from updating the firmware again. It’s almost August and I see no update on this issue.

Gen 1 keypad had status lights always on.
Gen 2 keypad the status lights do not stay on.
Why did Ring remove this important feature on Gen 2 keypad??

This feature has been requested multiple times, the highest voted post is here: Keypad Gen2 Mode Lights

Who would think it is a good idea to turn the status light off unless you put your hand near it?
Dumb dumb dumb. Please fix this so the status light stays ON.

This feature has been requested multiple times already, the highest voted post is here: Keypad Gen2 Mode Lights

1 Like

I am also with everyone! Such a fantastically smart and easy system and we cant glance across the room to know its armed! Us older folks don’t have our cell phones glued to our hands to “just check the app” Ring developer Millennial’s wake up… Add this basic 30 year old feature please. lol.

This is such an old thread and request, still nothing done about this? I still have Gen 1 Keypads and would not switch even when Ring would send me a free upgrade because of the mode light. Ring folks can someone please reply or did I miss that?

I received a gen 2 keypad from ring, but the keypad goes dim even when plugged in. The gen 1 keypad status light stays lit when plugged in. Why would that feature be removed? I like being able to see the status of the alarm off I wake up at night for peace of mind.

Hey neighbors, you can now choose between the following 3 modes for the Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd Generation):

• Keep Mode Button Lit. LED lights will stay on at all times (when plugged into a working power source).
  • Motion Turns on Lights. LEDs light up when sensing motion.
  • Button Press Turns on Lights. LEDs light up only when you press a button on your Keypad (preserves battery power).

To choose Keypad modes, open your Ring app, navigate to your Keypad device on the main menu, then go to the LED Settings tile. You can learn more in this Help Center article. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

whoa, I just noticed Ring added back this important feature to gen2 keypads, letting us keep the mode lights on. (Finally!!)

Thanks Ring!

1 Like