Custom Modes

I agree, and would like to see a Sleep Mode or Home Lite mode.

1 Like

I understand your concern with privacy when using cameras indoors. If the cameras upstairs are the plug in type, you could use smart plugs and integrate them with Alexa. You could easily turn these devices on or off, either by schedule or voice routines.

I hear ya, but that still doesn’t solve my issue. Daily household schedules change every day, so setting up each camera with a schedule isn’t ideal and using a smart plug for voice command to turn off/on is still a manual one by one process

I’m glad someone else mentioned this, it’s an absolute must! I don’t want some of my window sensors to go off during the day when I open them or my garage motion detector, but when I’m asleep it’s a different story & I don’t want to have to set the Away mode. I think it’s odd that this feature isn’t already a given. At the very least there should be an additional customizable Mode.

1 Like

Is this suggestion on the roadmap? I upgraded from a Canary security cam to the Ring indoor camera but can’t believe it doesn’t have a Night mode. I don’t want to physically arm it. I just want to incorporate it into my bedtime routine through Alexa.

I too would like to see this feature. I always thought we should have another “custom” mode that we could set up how we like.

1 Like

I set the need for a custom alarm mode. A use case for this is users who live in apartments who have unexpected visitors like maintenance come into the apartment.

If my alarm notifies me they have entered the building then I need to disable it which pretty much turns off everything so I can’t record what they are doing only live view.

It would be nice to have custom mode where I can disable the alarm but keep the cameras recording for just this situation. Then leave the disarm mode as it was intended, to not record or detect motion.

Right now I have everything set as if the home mode was on for disarm mode because of this very situation.

1 Like

I know this has been posted already but we really need the ability to create custom Alarm Modes. This is standard on many antiquated systems. Seems this would be easy to do.

For example, I’d like a home day mode with no delays where it arms all sensors but no motion sensors. I’d then like a home night mode that has no delays and has only my downstairs motion detectors on since our bedrooms are upstairs.

Please Ring, this has to be simple to do. Please make it happen.

Please can we have access to create custom modes. Need the ability to create one for part armed for when we are home but want to move around and have some motion sensors disarmed that would be armed when in away mode, a sleep mode where everything is armed except a few motion sensors upstairs

I agree with this. I’d like to create a “Home - Sleep/Night” mode, where we can move about freely upstairs if a kid goes to the bathroom or something, but I’d be alerted if somebody got in through a side door or window downstairs. Meaning all outside and downstairs cameras are in “away” mode, but upstairs are in “home” mode.

I think you should be able to change the names of the current 3 modes and also be able to add maybe 2/3 user created modes

I agree AND, you should be able to set motion alerts specific to the mode. Currently, changing mode has no affect on motion alerts (as far as I can tell). That should be customizable by mode.

There are 3 modes currently offered by the Ring app.

I would like to have two “Disarmed” modes.

Disarmed mode A: motion detection enabled for cameras

Disarmed mode B: motion detection disabled for cameras

Is there a way to add additional custom modes?
If not, is that feature coming soon?

1 Like

I’ve been beta testing with Ring for quite some time. I’ve also been a very early adopter since the beginning of their retail products and I’ve also been telling them they need to add a feature for quite some time.

Here is the problem, if I have someone working in my yard, I have to snooze notifications as the motion alerts drive us and the dog crazy. The problem is, snoozing them for 4 hours has to be done on every device, my iPad, my wife’s iPad, my android phone and my wife’s iPhone. There is NO snooze all. Then I have to reverse all if the yard work is done quickly so back to each device.

How about adding a new MODE.

Disarmed will be everything off including my alarm. Home Mode can be the alarm not activated but motion alerts telling me someone is walking on my lawn and my doors still chirp. A new mode called STAY or NiGHT mode could set the alarm, arm the doors to instantly trigger the alarm, notify me If there is motion in the yard etc but doesn’t arm internal motion sensors or internal doors. That new mode would be good for sleeping or showering. Finally away mode would arm everything.

is this too much to ask?

Just replying with a link to my similar feature request. We’re both more/less asking for the same thing. Your post mght be a bit more clear than mine, so thanks!

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Sub-Disarmed-Mode/idi-p/23645

Agree! Snooze all and an option to add another mode

I agree when at our home and mode is disarmed I get bombarded with motion sensor and door open close notifications…also doorbell and camera notifications. Don’t really need that since we are the ones setting off all the sensors…please add this simple yet critical feature…

A snooze all is so needed!

+1

Completely agree. There should be a Night/Sleeping Mode. This can be like an in between of Home and Away… the primary reason is you might want to have a kitchen sensor or back door not armed during home (say you have a dog, letting them out etc during the day), but it should be armed while you’re asleep.

That, or just “custom” modes and you make all the configurations you want!