Can’t hear visitors speak but they can hear me

Just got 2 rings from Prime Day. One for front, one for back… and experiencing the same audio issue - no audio from visitor on ONLY THE FRONT. Front is wired. The Back is battery only and is working as expected. Does that help solve anything?

I also just disconnected / reconnected the battery for the Front and seems to have got it working again… just not sure for how long though. ?

1 Like

I bought my ring 3 plus on prime day. Same issue. I can hear the visitor for a second , but then it cuts off. They can hear me.

I literally just removed the battery and put it back in and that fixed it. I didn’t need to add the doorbell again in the app.

WHen you receive message on your mobile phone pick up the phone - the green phone symbol . If you dont pick up the phone the caller will hear you but you wont hear them unless you pick the phone up.

Yeah I think people know that but there was a genuine problem where the audio would play for a couple of seconds and then go off. Taking the battery out or resetting seems to resolve the issue. It’s a hardware issue rather than user error

When Bezo will return some of his fortune made from this product back bc they falsely advertise this stupid product

Im having the same problem. I use a desktop computer. They can hear me but I can’t hear them. I have even turned the Bluetooth off . Still to no avail. Mine is a RING 1 . But it worked until about 2 or 3 months ago and then nothing. I cant hear sound on LIVE. I can only hear sound on what has already been recorded. It takes it about 2 minutes to open after recording. By then the person is gone. Its a great camera if you need to go back to show police dept but otherwise its pretty worthless.

Hi all,
Following this thread as I discovered this issue recently when trying to hear a delivery driver, I could barely hear them over what seems to be a lot of white noise. Performed all of the above and still no solution. I’ve had my doorbell 2 for 2 years now without issues until now.

I just had this happen to me on my macOS laptop. I tested the Live View from the laptop again after the person left. The issue was still there. I then tried it through the iOS App and it worked just fine. Maybe the macOS version needs an update?

Just bought the Ring Doorbell Pro 2 only 2 weeks ago the day it was released and I’m having this issue! Iv read every single comment in this thread, tried every single suggestion and still nothing works. Sending back this piece of crap. Come on Ring get it together. How incredibly frustrating!!

Hello I’m having the same problem started today I cant Hear anyone or tying outside my door on my doorbell cam

I am with Nathan. What’s the purpose of spending so much money on a product that does not work as advertised? Having to reset the Ring doorbell is not the fix for it.
Ring engineers must look into this issue and fix it, whether it’s hardware or software it’s still a failure.
I have a wired Ring doorbell and failed a week after installation, I tried everything that is suggested in this forum and it still fails.
Worthless device.

Are you saying that I cannot have my Bluetooth on if I want to use the ring doorbell? That’s ludicrous. That alone makes me want to get a different brand.