why is my ring door bell only recording for 10 seconds

Why is my ring door bell only recording for 10 seconds. It used to work longer but over this last couple of months now all are only 10 second clips which is useless.

3 Likes

Hi @cbrow62! Your Video Doorbell should certainly record for longer than that, however, depending on your device model there are features that can alter this. The best first thing to check here is your recording length.

To adjust the video recording controls, follow these instructions:

• Open your Ring App
  • Tap the device you wish to adjust the video recording length for.
  • Tap Device Settings.
  • Tap Video Settings.
  • Tap Video Recording Length.
  • Tap Max Recording Length and set the control to your desired recording length.

Check out our help center article about recording length, for more information. I recommend also visiting our motion stop help center article, as this feature is intended to save battery. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have this same issue! My settings are set to record the maximum length and it still does not!

3 Likes

I too have this problem. I have changed to max and it only does 10 second recordings which does not help at all.

1 Like

Add me as another person who is unable to get my Ring V1 to record a motion event for longer than about 10 seconds. It sometimes varies between roughly 10 seconds and 20 seconds but it doesn’t appear to make a difference when I try to set it to record for longer in the app.

Can somebody from Ring see if this is an issue in the app that can be resolved for us?

1 Like

Hi @Capsfan84. In this case it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly, as this a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum rather than a direct line to support. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Me too…as soon as the last update was finished…10 seconds…the thing is. 10 seconds isnt even an option …15 seconds to 120 is the choices. Bug, glitch…f

Mine only records 10 secs also

Hello,

I had the same problem. Try turning off the Advanced Motion Detection and ensure your recording length is set to your desired length. I hope that works for you.

Jason W.

2 Likes

checked all that out and it is not on. there isnt even an option for 10 seconds. Ive played with the settings for all the time lengths allowed and its the same …10 seconds, or, sometimes a whopping 11 seconds will pop up.

This worked for me. Mine was only recording 10 or 11 seconds. Turned off “Advanced Motion Detection” and it began recording longer videos instantly.