Watch a video recorded while the plan was not active

Is it possible to watch a video recorded while the plan was not active? I activated my plan I day later and I can see that my ring doorbell identified the motion. Thanks

1 Like

Good question, @moura2k! At Ring we value your security and your privacy. For this reason, we do not save any videos on your account unless you request such through a subscription. If at anytime a plan lapses, or if your trial ended and you have not subscribed yet, no recordings are saved. Although you can see the event, the recording itself would not be stored anywhere for it to be restored, as all videos are deleted once subscription is cancelled, lapses, or if no subscription was active. Feel free to check out our help center article for more information on Protect Plans and recordings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow we pay so much for you device then you want to charge us to us it. I remeber when my ring flood light would act as an alarm for people in the area. You set it to leave and if something set the ring off it would sound the alarm. Now you have to have security added and pay monthly for it. I will not buy another ring.