cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring doorbell will not connect to the internet

New Neighbor

ring doorbell will not connect to the internet

i have just bought a ring doorbell, followed all the setup instructions and it still has no internet connection

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: ring doorbell will not connect to the internet

Hey @wally1964! The first thing I recommend checking is that the battery is charged (if battery powered), or that power/ wiring is sufficient (if voltage powered).  Once confirmed, try performing another setup close to your wifi router to ensure the signal is strong. 

If your Doorbell continues to fail setup, try reaching out to our support team who can troubleshoot more in depth with you. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

I've had this same problem. The doorbell that I've had for about a year stopped working.  It is wired up, not on battery, and the doorbell itself has a strong tone. When I push set up twice, I get a message that says that "there seems to be a problem with the internet;" yet my phone is getting 4 bars at that exact spot. I've rebooted my router twice, to no avail.  Do these things just fail that quickly?

New Neighbor

Hello,

I am having the same problem as you.  I installed the Ring 2 doorbell yesterday and am getting the message that there's a problem connected.  I am thinking i need a wifi entender, but will try calling customer support 1st to troubleshoot. 

Community Manager

Please give our support team a call, as this seems it may need a bit in depth troubleshooting. Thank you! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
New Neighbor

No internet connection
New Neighbor

I'm having the same problem, I've tried over and over. Unplugged routed several times. was able to get my echos to connect. Frustrated