cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring doorbell 2 community

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: ring doorbell 2 community

I am afraid that you may be right. It might require a slew of negative reviews before this priblem will be addressed. Amazon is probably the place. I see a one star review in the near future.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Mine just went live on Amazon :-)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just  installed the Ring Doorbell Pro and have not been able to talk to, only hear, the person at the door.  There must be a switch I'm missing.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

My nicely worded 1 star review was rejected by Amazon. That was a few weeks ago however.

I was able to work around all of my doorbell 2 problems by doing 2 things. Reinstalling the app and not enabling the timeline feature solved the volume problem (already posted by another neighbor in this thread). Using a chime pro and connecting the doorbell to the chime pro network resolved the problem of live view sometimes not working - even though my router signal at the doorbell is excellent.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

While not as loud as I would like, the speaker at the door bell does send my  audible.  I had my mike muted by default.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey there. I’ve been followIng this post for months with no hope of a fix in sight. I’ve used the support chat, and all I get are walkthroughs on how to reset the device.
The people on this thread have been pretty patient. Is there a reason why we cannot get a simple statement from Ring acknowledging the problem? I’d hate to have to switch to another company, but this is getting out of hand.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I will be posting an update after my 2PM Saturday phone support meeting with an "ambassador" for Ring that has taken a couple of weeks to schedule. I am guessing this ambassadorship label is some type of volunteer tech support program. After that call I will report back. I agree, you have all been patient and that this should be recognized as a major issue. By the way, I pointed the Ring support directly to this thread via a link so it is not like it somehow escaped their attention. They must have read it and do not believe it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

@F50 wrote:
My nicely worded 1 star review was rejected by Amazon. That was a few weeks ago however.

Mine was accepted and I have had Amazons Executive Community Support contacting me to offer assistance, unfortunately only 9-5 in the week...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

That’s awesome. I also sent a link to this thread when I reached out to support but it didn’t have any effect. I know the reps were just following SOP for basic troubleshooting, but we are way beyond that. Hopefully the “ambassador” will finally acknowledge that and put some customer-facing literature out in their Help Center outlining exactly what needs to be done here. After all this time, telling us to reset the device is never going to solve anything until Ring tells us explicitly that they have identified the problem and resolved it. If not, they need to at least offer us all returns or upgrades to different devices. Our doorbells are doing exactly opposite of what their commercials advertise.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have exactly the same issue and now on my 3rd unit with people having to hold there ear up to the door bell to here.
/* */