cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring doorbell 2 community

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: ring doorbell 2 community

Yeah, and it’s been a week since I uploaded a video of my issue (as requested by Ring) and there hasn’t even been an acknowledgement of the effort. I’m definitely going to unsubscribe to Ring Community and start shopping around for a product that can actually deliver. Too bad. Good luck to everyone else on this thread still holding out for hope, and sorry to those duped into buying one by the false advertising.
New Neighbor

This worked for me. 

If you have a Samsung, this may help. Disable the Event Time Line, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app. This may help, it certainly does with S9 and S10 phones.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This worked for me. 

If you have a Samsung, this may help. Disable the Event Time Line, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app. This may help, it certainly does with S9 and S10 phones.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I no longer have the "new features menu" anywhere in my app. I tried to uninstall/reinstall and it's still not there so no way for me to turn off timeline.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi we’ve just bought the doorbell 2 and cannot hear the person at the door it is very quiet. Is there a way to turn the microphone voice up please
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

My problem with very low doorbell 2 speaker volume and terrible voice quality from the doorbell speaker went away a few weeks ago. Apparently due to software version updates of the app and/or doorbell.

Prior to this I was working around the problem by not enabling time line. Now the option to not enable time line is gone and it's on all of the time.

My Samsung phone is on android v9, the app is v3.20.0, and the version of the doorbell 2 firmware version is "up to date." (It's interesting that ring hides the firmware version number and doesn't publish release notes for the firmware updates.)

So maybe there is hope for anyone still having the ptoblem.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi just got a ring 2 door bell and the volume is awful. The initial ring jingle is loud but everything else is low. Hoping there’s a solution to this
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I was having the same problem with both the ring doorbell 2 and the stick up cam. However the problem was resolved when I turned the Event time line off (through the "New features" button) on the app. With the Event timeline feature on, the volume was fine so long as I spoke into my phone (Samsung Note 9) with my lips touching the microphone, not just close to it.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

but, you dont have to perform lip acrobatics when you call someone via the phone, messenger, whatsapp etc. etc. They all work fine and have more than adequate volume.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Well folks I've just about had it with Ring. I've been working with them patiently since August to resolve my issue with loud static coming from my camera speakers  while in Live View and low 2 way communication volume with no resolution. The latest TRY THIS FIX recommendation was for me to install a meshnet for around $400 to see if that helps.  My RSSI (signal strength) is good to excellent to all of my devices already.  Before I throw anymore money, time or frustration at this system I believe I'll expend my energy at trying to get a store refund. It's time to move on because Rtng is not providing us with any security benefit. 

/* */