Ring doorbell 2 community

No email support right now for English…
What are the current hours of operation for Support?
Support hours have been reduced until further notice. We are no longer offering English email support. For the time being we will continue to offer French, German and Dutch email support per the hours listed below.

Read more here.Information on customer support below.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

1 Like

I installed four ring doorbells for myself and neighbors. The volume at the doorbell is extremely low and most cannot hear. We used an android phone, Apple iPhone XR and an Amazon Show. This has to be a common problem. The booklet doesn’t explain if it is possible to increase the volume at the doorbell

Same issue here.

Hi, did you fix your problem with the 2-way audio being quiet? If not then I just sat for 2 hours trying to work out why I sounded so quiet when I spoke through my new Ring 2, then I found the speaker at the bottom and realised I hadn’t peeled the sticker off it! Soon as I did that and tested it I almost deafened myself haha it definitely works now

It isn’t just a low volume issue, there is significant distortion on both ends, and at night there is a hum caused by the infrared leds. The mic is turned up so sensitive that it picks up electronic noise from the device itself. Then if you talk to someone at the door, they can’t hear you and you hear an echo of yourself. I had 2 devices with the same issue and was given the run around. I fixed it by cutting my losses and buying an Arlo which works exactly as it should. Ring lost me as a customer

Hi

this is how I made my speaker volume louder, it’s not perfect but people can now hear me when I talk to them, someone else said about this idea (a previous reply in this post) but they didn’t really clarify the proscess.

1. remove security screw from bottom of ring doorbell 2

2. remove fascia (normally black or silver)

3. look at the inside of the fascia and you will see a black sticker on your left and on your right, these stickers cover speaker vents (I assume it’s to stop rain through speaker vents) peel these stickers off and reverse steps above.

my volume has definitely increased…

*******I have included an image to show stickers *****

obviously you do this at your own risk and would probably void warranty .

I have had this audio problem for over a year now and it is present on all the Ring Doorbell 2 units that I have had (3 in total). I had given up on getting any satisfaction from Ring in being able to fix it and just used it without the ability to talk to a caller.

Yesterday I tried it again with my Galaxy S9+ and the usual low crackly and broken volume at the Doorbell and on my phone was still present. Out of curiousity I connected a set of wireless headphones with built in mic to the phone by bluetooth and immediately the audio on the phone and at the Doorbell was perfectly clear and loud enough for the caller to hear me even over background road traffic. When I disconncted the wireless headphones the audio returned to being broken, crackly and too low to be heard by the caller.

I haven’t tried it with wired headphones but I suspect they will work as well. I wouldn’t call this a _ Fix _ but rather a _ Work around _ that seems to work for me. Interested to see if it works for others with the same audio problems.

1 Like

Do you have pictures of where the speakers is?
I have iPhone X and visitors can’t hear me, so annoying, might as well buy the cheap door bells from China!!

Same issue ‘hear’. It’s a key feature and nobody can hear me.

Having same issue im using a note 20

What is strange is it’s only just started happening recently, we have had our doorbell for a while now with no issues and then the other day the delivery driver had problems hearing us over the doorbell.
I have a feeling a firmware update or recent software update has caused this as this has only just started happening unless the unit has become faulty.

After a year of using the Ring DB2 I’m moving on to a different doorbell brand. Because of the long delays between the DB2 button being pressed and the wifi chimes throughout the house sounding and my phone going off as well as the audio issues, I’m done. I am keeping my 6 Ring stick up cams and my subscription for now.
My new doorbell sounds multiple indoor wifi chimes immediately without the round trip delay to the cloud and back. The very clear audio connection is working in less than 2 seconds via a conventional phone call. The video connection takes a couple more seconds. Beats the DB2 that can take 10++ seconds before anything happens.

Ring needs to reevaluate their architecture that does not use an in-home hub for time critical functions.

1 Like

I have had this issue since I purchased it and have tried on multiple IOS devices to see if it was the device but it happens on all of them. Nobody can hear me at the door, but when I playback the video I am loud and clear on there, so the issue definitely points to speaker volume on the doorbell.

How do u do that? Been having same problem. When answer doorbell . Cant hear caller

Having the same issue on my Note20. I had the Ring working on my Note8 for 2yrs no issues, upgraded to a Note20 and now the audio going out is almost unhearable. Yes turning off the timeline helps a little, but only a little, it is still barely hearable.

Ring Doorbell 2
iPhone XR running 14.2 IOS

Does anyone know a fix yet for IOS… when I answer someone at my front door, they can’t understand me at all. I reply the video afterwards and it sounds like my voice is recorder crystal clear through the app, but Is very soft and choppy coming out of the speak of the ring doorbell.

I have deleted the app, and reinstalled it (did so again today and tested, did not fix the issue)

I have turned off event timeline

I don’t know what else to do to fix this issue, if I can even do anything to fix it.

Anyone have any good update to possible fix to this issue?

Thank you in advance

I too have this problem. I find it hard to believe this has not been resolved. I am now kicking myself in the back-side for purchasing this device as well as the cameras, solar panel and smart bulbs I just received.

@Riley_Ring: In plain English and without asking for a video of this event, has it been fixed? With a thread of this length and duration, I would be embarrassed …terribly embarrassed.

I have the same problem. People that is outside can’t hear me at all. It has been like this since day one. I have the app on iPhone 8, and iPad Pro, same problem also on my wife’s Huawei. Please fix this!

Has @Ring found a solution for the very low volume on the speaker yet? I´ve had mine for over 18 months. They even provided a new device and the issue continues.

Same issue for me. Second Ring Pro, iOS on iPhone 12. Virtually no output at the doorbell for a guest to hear me. I have an Arlo at a different home that works great at less cost. Is there any solution to this low output issue short of using a different brand?