Ring doorbell 2 community

I’m starting to think these ENGINEERS live in their mothers basement.

although I didn’t really buy into the RING products for 2-way (the rest of my perimeter of my house is mostly BlinkXT cameras with only one-way audio), I did buy the RING floodlight cam also. The speaker is not much louder on it either, even though it has an alarm on it!

The commercials on TV where they are talking to someone half way across a lawn is a joke. NEVER gonna happen with the way these things are now. The firmware needs an upgrade to take ANY input and set an output level to a hearable setting. If the doorbell itself is loud enough there is NO reason voice shouldn’t be too. This issue seems to be across ALL RING Products.

1 Like

I encourage everyone reading this thread to move on and find a better product. I wanted to give Ring the benefit of the doubt here, but it’s ridiculous how long a major flaw has gone unfixed and unacknowledged. I could understand this type of stonewalling for something trivial, but this is a hallmark feature that is the crux of their advertising. Really a shame, and I was not expecting to have to cancel my membership and start looking for a better product so soon. Ring’s inability to even acknowledge our concerns is insulting.

Tbh, the only way to influence a corporate is by reviews, people read reviews as does Google, too many bad ones and your ranking goes down. …

I am surprised no one has the ASA checking into the realism portraid on adverts…

posting for a friend

Agreed. Ring is owned by Amazon. Time to go to their page and start creating negative reviews. Maybe then they will do something.

well, be fair, otherwise Amazon will refuse the review, I love my Doorbell, it is useful, and cant get another one better yet, but it doesnt stop me from berating its poor performance in ‘some’ of its aspects, especially those shown in TV adverts.

Just sayin.

I just bought a Ring Doorbell 2 and set it up. As far as I can tell the speaker volume is fine. When I tested it with the iOS app, I could plainly hear what I was saying from a few feet away. It might be hard to hear it on a noisy city street, but in the suburbs it seems to work well. As such I’m thinking the issue people are having may be on the sending side, not the doorbell speaker itself.

My biggest issue with the Doorbell 2 is that the motion detection is all over the place. Sometimes I get videos of cars driving by, other times I don’t get videos until someone is right next to the door.

" It might be hard to hear it on a noisy city street, but in the suburbs it seems to work well. "

Suburbs here, multiple devices including Alexa tested. Not fine unless you have beyond excellent hearing. My girlfriend has superb hearing and she can barely make out the conversation at arm’s length. The commercials show people running awake from 30 feet after someone pipe’s up on the Ring remotely.

If you fine-tune your motion settings (running the motion wizard, and carefully read the instructions when running the wizard) you should not see false motion detection.

The issue with iOS appears having fixed two weeks ago.

I am experiencing the same issue where the person at the door can barely hear what i am saying. Were you able to fix the problem? if yes, how? Thank you

Hi neighbors - I hope everyone is having a nice day.

I have continued to watch and monitor this thread and have sent the appropriate information to the team. The team will continue to look into this, as a fix was pushed but clearly some neighbors are still experiencing this.

We need your help, though, to diagnose what may be going on and determine the appropriate course of action to take.

It seems that most of the complaints are specific on Android (thank you to the neighbors who share as much information as possible – this helps the team tremendously ). However, can we get more description as to what is going on? Does this happen only when two way audio is enabled (when pressing the green button)? Does this seem to happen from your side or from the person outside?

I need to know :

• What phone you are using and the version
  • Have you performed the proper troubleshooting with the team to ENSURE it is not WiFi/phone connection related?
  • What happens when two way audio is enabled vs NOT enabled (pressing the green ‘talk’ button)
  • Can the person outside hear you?
  • Is it a ‘muffled’ sound, soft sound, screech, choppy, etc?
  • What Ring device is this on?
  • As always, video examples are extremely beneficial to the team.

Please be kind and revisit the Community Guidelines when answer the thread. I will not take any trolling or harrassment and please remember that this will not be fixed over night. The team needs to figure out exactly what is going on and HOW. Please also remember that we need to work together in order to resolve this and we can only do that if we gather information as requested above. Thank you.

I had to return my first ring doorbell 2 due to it filling with condensation. The replacement is fine. But I have the same issue with 2 way voice on both devices. I have 2 stick up cams and the sound is perfect. I’m actually thinking of returning my doorbell and buying an alternative brand.

@Jennifer_Ring

Here is a video of my doorbell: https://youtu.be/WAVf6OQGg_w

My wife and i both have iPhones, an X Max and an 11. We both have v5.19.1 of the Ring app, and this video was taken after a fresh device reset.
As you can see, I start the video from just inside my doorway. My wife is speaking through the Ring and already she can’t be heard. She is switching between two-way and one-way audio while speaking.
I stepped out to the top of my front steps, which is about 5 feet from the doorbell and as far away as I would reasonably expect someone to be able to hear, even though the Ring commercials show burglars hearing the device from at least 20 feet. I can hear the tinny buzzing of the speaker but cannot understand the voice. I step halfway closer, still can’t understand.
Finally, with my phone right up against the Ring, I can discern it as a voice. I can understand her now, but probably because I know what she’s saying.

Please advise.

We have the Ring Doorbell Pro. Installed it 3 years ago. Exterior speaker volume was great in the beginning. However, over the course of the last year we have noticed a marked decrease in the volume quality outside. We use several different devices, both iOS and Android, to communicate with our Ring Doorbell and it makes no difference in regards to the speaker volume on the Ring device itself.

I was hoping to find a solution online but it looks like many other consumers are experiencing the same issues and no “fixes” have been created. This seems like an issue that may have happened somewhere in the last year with a firmware upgrade.

It needs to be addressed and corrected as it does no good t leave a “two way” conversation that really only works one way.

Yes exactly the same problem, it is simply not possible for anyone to hear anything unless the have there ear right up to the device.

1 Like

Yup, I tried mine the other day and the person just looked at the camera oddly. Asked them later and theh said they just heard a low voice with crackling. Come on Ring, what’s the issue here? My cell phone has a better speaker.

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s been a week since I uploaded a video of my issue (as requested by Ring) and there hasn’t even been an acknowledgement of the effort. I’m definitely going to unsubscribe to Ring Community and start shopping around for a product that can actually deliver. Too bad. Good luck to everyone else on this thread still holding out for hope, and sorry to those duped into buying one by the false advertising.

1 Like

This worked for me.

If you have a Samsung, this may help. Disable the Event Time Line, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app. This may help, it certainly does with S9 and S10 phones.

This worked for me.

If you have a Samsung, this may help. Disable the Event Time Line, then uninstall the app, then reinstall the app. This may help, it certainly does with S9 and S10 phones.

I no longer have the “new features menu” anywhere in my app. I tried to uninstall/reinstall and it’s still not there so no way for me to turn off timeline.