Ring doorbell 2 community

I have had this same problem since I bought my Ring video doorbell 2 last year. I can hear fine on my phone watching the feed. There is no sound on my porch through the doorbell speaker. I have called Ring and argued with them. They ask for access to my recordings and then tell me that the sound is fine on the recordings so there is no issue. And if there is one, then it must be with my internet. I have a 200 mbps connection. That is clearly not the issue! I’m so frustrated.

@DPotts5809 wrote:
I have had this same problem since I bought my Ring video doorbell 2 last year. I can hear fine on my phone watching the feed. There is no sound on my porch through the doorbell speaker. I have called Ring and argued with them. They ask for access to my recordings and then tell me that the sound is fine on the recordings so there is no issue. And if there is one, then it must be with my internet. I have a 200 mbps connection. That is clearly not the issue! I’m so frustrated.

I also have had this problem for the past year, I was one of the first few people reporting the issue on this thread and we still have not had a proper fix yet. So this leads me to think that either a) Ring is not taking the issue seriously, or b) it is a hardware/software problem that they are unwilling/unable to fix.

I do not even try to communicate with any callers now, I just answer the door or not depending on the caller. The Ring Doorbell app has also become too slow in connecting after I hear the initial call to when the Live View is displayed on screen, most times the caller has left before I can even see who is there. I have gigabit fibre broadband with a fast, reliable and stable connection to the net and a mesh wireless network that operates flawlessly with all my other devices, the Doorbell has a RSSI of 43 and its own dedicated access point. I posted a video of the problem last year on this thread and the issue is still Not resolved. At this point I will just have to live with the crippled device until it reaches its end of service or until something better comes along that does not cost me another €200+ and a yearly subscription.

I have a Sony Z3 running the latest Android 10 and my girlfriend has the Huawei P10 on version 9.1, both of us are unable to be heard when we speak, even with events off or on. Ring replaced the doorbell 2 and Chime Pro and still the same. My friend connected to my doorbell and his Sony was loud.

It clearly is software and compatibility with versions and phone type.

The adverts RING have out there are not true, you can only shout at burglars and reply to delivery drivers if you have a certain type of phone.

I think I will be writing to Watch Dog, Ring clearly don’t have a fix as 23 pages into this thread spreading months and nobody can get audio working properly, it’s not even funny.

“I think I will be writing to Watch Dog, Ring clearly don’t have a fix as 23 pages into this thread spreading months and nobody can get audio working properly, it’s not even funny.”

At this point, the only remedy that I see is a class-action lawsuit. Clearly the product performance does not match the advertisements. It does not work with Amazon’s flagship product, Alexa. They would lose the case in a New York minute.

1 Like

I’m in.

Same issue on my end. I hear them well but they can’t hear me thus the two way is useless.

Other then that it works great!

GG

I have tried everything from resetting the RING application to turning various things on and off on in the house and my phone. It’s not worked properly for months and I have been answering RINGS questions time and time again. Then they go quiet and don’t reply as it’s now being looked in to by their higher-up team of experts.

RING replaced the doorbell two and even the door chime and so it’s not hardware for me because it still doesn’t work properly, people cannot hear us through the doorbell unit when we answer the doorbell and talk. I have a Sony Z3 and my girlfriend has a Huawei, yet my friend’s newer Sony worked when he logged in from a different location.

I had another email back which basically admitted fault from the RING application which read:

"We don’t have any public details to share, but it should be in one of the upcoming App updates available in the Play Store. As there are no public details to share I can only presume it’s just to shut me up for another few months.

It must be hard to cover all bugs in software capability between phone versions and actually devices but that isn’t my problem as a consumer!

Same as me… need help

Has this been resolved yet? it seem absolutely pointless in me having this if I cant hear anything through my Samsung phone.

Have you tried the rapid ring app? I have galaxy s9 and was having same audio issue. Found using rapid ring app fixed audio problem

Tried that rapid ring and it still doesn’t resolve the audio issue at the doorbell end (nobody can hear me speak from my phone to doorbell)

Ring gave me an update that still no release date for the fix but they know it is a problem. Other than it being nearly six months they say I have a free year plan for the video footage.

It’s a poor offer and I have a security camera so needed the doorbell and answering facility which it is not fit for purpose

"I have a free year plan for the video footage. "

When my issues could not be resolved after installing 3 different doorbells I suggested to the tech that Ring should be compensating by giving those with problems free recordings at no charge until the problem is fixed.

It makes sense to me, losing a major feature (inaudible audio at the door despite the commercials), and gaining free recording.

Right now, they probably think that the population of those complaining is small enough such that they do not have to give you anything in return for a defective product.

If Ring does not work with the flagship product, Alexa, it does not work, period.

1 Like

I have just installed the ring doorbell 2 and unfortunately, having the same issues with the volume. Looked up on how to increase the volume to hear/talk but to no avail. There is definitely no 2 way talk going on with this device. Can you please help or exchange if faulty. Thank you

1 Like

I want to add my voice to the chorus of complaints in this thread.

I have the exact same problem. It isn’t the phone, it isn’t the WIFI connection (I have a Gigabit Fiber and I can get nearly 500 gbps throughput at the door on my phone).

This is a problem with the RIng 2 doorbells. They are defective and Ring refuses to own up to it. It is a shame, because I just purchased the Ring alarm system, so I am screwed.

It could be a manufacturing or hardware problem, which would explain the refusal to fix it, as there wouldn’t be a matter of a simple firmware update. If the hardware is defective, the only remedy is to replace the units with working ones - never going to happen.

Does this work for ANYONE AT ALL? Can someone chime in and say “yeah, my Ring Doorbell 2 speaker volume is working just fine”

By the way, I have an iPhone, with the latest iOS. My NEST camera works just fine.

Maybe I should have gone with NEST.

Mine too. It was working now not

We just installed the ring 2 doorbell and you can barely hear the individual outside. Do you have a fix for this?

Our visitors can barely hear us when we speak to them from our cellphones. Can the volume be turned up so we can be heard better? Very disappointed

I tried to talk to person at my door - they said they could barely hear me.

This “feature” is a failure.

1 Like

Ring replaced the hardware and it still doesn’t work so for me it must be software related and the promise of a fix in the next update is not true. I have emailed my contact but have had no reply, suprise suprise…

1 Like

No email support right now for English…
What are the current hours of operation for Support?
Support hours have been reduced until further notice. We are no longer offering English email support. For the time being we will continue to offer French, German and Dutch email support per the hours listed below.

Read more here.Information on customer support below.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

1 Like